Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Pro's please

Tj14

I just purchased a used 2012 lsv23. I don't know if boats come with manuals?  If they do,  I didn't receive one with the boat. I am trial and error figuring things out at this point.

My daughter would like to play her spotify music through the boat sound system. I found three USB ports in the boat. I could not get the music to play through the boat speakers even when I put the stereo on Aux or USB. What am I missing? 

Second, I can not get the sub woofer to work. The sub is on, the amp light is blue, I pulled the sub out to check and make sure the wires are attached. All good.  Any hints would help.

Maybe this is not the section to ask but here goes. What is the key on the drivers side by the fuse panel do? Maybe it will turn on my sub and let my daughter play her music? LOL. No seriously, I don't have a clue and I asked a friend with a 2019 Malibu but he could not tell me either. Thanks for the help. I did searches but did not find answers to my questions.

6 hours ago, Tj14 said:

My daughter would like to play her spotify music through the boat sound system. I found three USB ports in the boat. I could not get the music to play through the boat speakers even when I put the stereo on Aux or USB. What am I missing? 

It’s a Malibu thing. The USB ports don’t do anything unless you buy an adapter. I’m not even sure you can get them anymore.

hook up the BT. It’s way more convenient. I have a 12v adapter next to the stereo inputs in my glove box, so it was super convenient. 
TUNAI Firefly Bluetooth Receiver:... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HDO66NK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Edited by braindamage
6 hours ago, Tj14 said:

Maybe this is not the section to ask but here goes. What is the key on the drivers side by the fuse panel do? Maybe it will turn on my sub and let my daughter play her music? LOL. No seriously, I don't have a clue and I asked a friend with a 2019 Malibu but he could not tell me either. Thanks for the help. I did searches but did not find answers to my questions.

This is the bypass key in case the Touchscreen quits. It’s a common thing for this era boat:

Edited by braindamage
9 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Lucky for you, this site is chock full of good information.

Like this 2012 Malibu Boats Manual. https://www.themalibucrew.com/_files/malibu/malibu_2012_manual.pdf

And this Manual all about your engine.  https://www.themalibucrew.com/_files/engines/indmar_2012_2015.pdf

Thank you.  I appreciate the help and need it. 

3 hours ago, braindamage said:

It’s a Malibu thing. The USB ports don’t do anything unless you buy an adapter. I’m not even sure you can get them anymore.

hook up the BT. It’s way more convenient. I have a 12v adapter next to the stereo inputs in my glove box, so it was super convenient. 
TUNAI Firefly Bluetooth Receiver:... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HDO66NK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I will order this today.  4 teenage girls without their music was almost enough for me to abandon ship.  Thank you. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tj14 said:

I will order this today.  4 teenage girls without their music was almost enough for me to abandon ship.  Thank you. 

Teenage girl music would be what pushed me overboard TBH! 😂