Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

2021 configurator is up at the dealers. We spent a few hours today at our local dealer doing our 2021 23 LSV configuration. Pretty happy with the options, but may change a few things. Big notes on the '21 is the walk through like the MXZ, the flip forward rear seat is now a table as well on the bottom like the 25 and the new default tower is the G5. Also new colors and paint scheme/layout. Word from the dealer is that the public online configurator is due out on the main site in a few weeks. Once the '21 paint and interior swatches arrive at the dealer we'll likely confirm selections.

• Like 2
On 6/12/2020 at 10:20 PM, rduke said:

2021 configurator is up at the dealers. We spent a few hours today at our local dealer doing our 2021 23 LSV configuration. Pretty happy with the options, but may change a few things. Big notes on the '21 is the walk through like the MXZ, the flip forward rear seat is now a table as well on the bottom like the 25 and the new default tower is the G5. Also new colors and paint scheme/layout. Word from the dealer is that the public online configurator is due out on the main site in a few weeks. Once the '21 paint and interior swatches arrive at the dealer we'll likely confirm selections.

Is the 25 LSV getting the walk through?

On 5/21/2020 at 2:27 PM, shawndoggy said:

wasn't T22 refreshed in 19? and A24?

T22 was 18.

Edited by st22eve
11 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Is the 25 LSV getting the walk through?

I believe the dealer mentioned all LSV's are getting a walk through, but don't quote me on that. I wasn't paying much attention outside of the 23.

ahopkins22LSV

When I saw the first rendering of the GX tower I was like wtf are they thinking. But then in person it was much much better. Everyone complains when a new tower comes out but I like what they did here. Kept some of the classic G3 lines but incorporated it to be inline with the GX. 

I don’t see much else that is new in that 22 add, except for the screen mount looks like they redesigned it. 

10 hours ago, Chappy said:

It looks off scale to me!

I see how some could see that in the photo.  Hard to make a call when they don't have the bimini deployed for me.  

• Like 1
Just now, Five Cent Worth said:

I see how some could see that in the photo.  Hard to make a call when they don't have the bimini deployed for me.  

It's also a 22.  Might look a little better on a bigger boat.  In the photo it looks really tall and skinny.  I am guessing you are right that the bimini deployed (or at least mounted up there) along with some rack with would help a lot.  The G3 looks a little goofy with nothing on it as well.   

9 hours ago, gregtay said:

It's also a 22.  Might look a little better on a bigger boat.  In the photo it looks really tall and skinny.  

Wouldn't it even be more off scale on a bigger boat?

They will likely get the walk through when they redesign them again...?  The tower can grow on me.  Looks like they may have finally fixed the spacing so you can use two sets of racks per side and not have your wakeboard bindings from hitting each other...

Edited by bcoppess23

Anyone know of changes to the 22 mxz for 21?  Trying to firgurenout what the difference is but it and the 23 - such a small gap in length, seems strange.  I really like the 23 but have very tight dock situation.  And dealer tells me I can od[rder one for same price and buying off the lot - is that the norm?  Sorry for newby questions.

21 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I love red but that boat is hard to look at. 

Curious why folks think the new tower looks like the Gx... to me it looks more like a G3.5 without a hoop. Gx is way way beefier. 

My thoughts the same on the red... wow... someone literally checked every single box "Red" including the trailer. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rosie39j said:

Anyone know of changes to the 22 mxz for 21?  Trying to firgurenout what the difference is but it and the 23 - such a small gap in length, seems strange.  I really like the 23 but have very tight dock situation.  And dealer tells me I can od[rder one for same price and buying off the lot - is that the norm?  Sorry for newby questions.

The 22 MXZ may get a new gel design to be like the 23 MXZ’s lines but I haven’t seen one yet. There’s also a 22 LSV if you like the traditional bow and need to get into a tight dock.

Conventional pricing is out the window right now with how high demand is. I don’t know your dealer but from what I see around here, and it’s starting to get national press coverage, they’re all feeling pretty confident they can sell that boat to someone in the next few weeks. 

I’ve already had several non-boating friends who shook their heads at spending more than $20-30k on a boat buy new wake boats in the last couple weeks.

2 hours ago, gregtay said:

My thoughts the same on the red... wow... someone literally checked every single box "Red" including the trailer. 

Someone from Nebraska will buy it.