Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

12 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Did anyone get a date on when the build tool for 2021's is going to be on the site?  It is obviously still 2020 and I couldn't imagine you could even get a 2020 now.

Last I heard back in June it was supposed to be live on the site in a few weeks. I’m going to start building my 2021 this week with the dealer. I’ll see if I can get any info 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, SOcalSurfer said:

Last I heard back in June it was supposed to be live on the site in a few weeks. I’m going to start building my 2021 this week with the dealer. I’ll see if I can get any info 

Thanks.  My dealer sent me a build for a 24 that has a bunch of Nassau Blue in it.  We can't wrap our minds around what it looks like from the build sheet.

Even owning an older Malibu, it'd be hard to press me in a different direction when buying a new boat. I really do love the quality of their boats & can tell they are built to last! 

Don't shoot me here ↓

I did see Mr. Murray's video the other day of the G23 Paragon :christmas: and had me curious of what Malibu's competition is to something like that boat? 

Especially a wave like what it throws. 

2020_Super_Air_Nautique_G23_Paragon_P_Ga 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BlacknBu said:

Even owning an older Malibu, it'd be hard to press me in a different direction when buying a new boat. I really do love the quality of their boats & can tell they are built to last! 

Don't shoot me here ↓

I did see Mr. Murray's video the other day of the G23 Paragon :christmas: and had me curious of what Malibu's competition is to something like that boat? 

Especially a wave like what it throws. 

2020_Super_Air_Nautique_G23_Paragon_P_Ga 

I know you can play with angles and such!

but that wave looks incredible!

55 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Horizon corrected it looks like a meaty waist high ish wave. 

B57C4F1D-A6AC-41C7-9E55-541F72A2CD75.jpeg

ha.. wow, crazy what the angle can do.  I saw the original and thought there is no way their isn't some camera tricks going on.  Corrected version looks far more believable.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:19 PM, ahopkinsVTX said:

2020 vtx has a drain there now too and in the back right corner of the drivers foot area.

Couldn’t believe how much water got trapped in front of the drivers seat when I was cleaning my floor over the weekend. Definitely a good spot for a drain! 

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Couldn’t believe how much water got trapped in front of the drivers seat when I was cleaning my floor over the weekend. Definitely a good spot for a drain! 

I won’t lie. I was very excited to see the two new drain locations. Small changes but great attention to detail and continuing to improve the boats. Same with the really nice storage lighting, even in the floor access for the plug. And there is tons of space around the plug now. 

New 24mxz.  $149k base price.  This one is stickerd at $210k.  I’m really digging the gel lines.  I’m due for an upgrade in the next year or so, and my kids are really pushing for an MXZ, since they love all the room in the bow.  My wife and I have always gravitated towards the traditional bow.  I was going to hold off until the next 25lsv, but this boat is seriously tempting. 🤔

https://www.waterworldmedford.com/default.asp?page=xPrintInvDetail&id=8983820&noredir=1&img=1

13 minutes ago, SCMike said:

New 24mxz.  $149k base price.  This one is stickerd at $210k.  I’m really digging the gel lines.  I’m due for an upgrade in the next year or so, and my kids are really pushing for an MXZ, since they love all the room in the bow.  My wife and I have always gravitated towards the traditional bow.  I was going to hold off until the next 25lsv, but this boat is seriously tempting. 🤔

https://www.waterworldmedford.com/default.asp?page=xPrintInvDetail&id=8983820&noredir=1&img=1

Here are some pics of the actual boat.

https://www.theskishack.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=9105764&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=new&fr=xNewInventory

I really like the profile of this MXZ better than the last.  The bow doesn’t seem to slope down nearly as much, which was one of my biggest gripes of the prior 2 generations.  Looks like it got the same cubby behind the drivers seat as the 25lsv and the forward facing speakers of the 23mxz/LSV.  

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, SCMike said:

Here are some pics of the actual boat.

https://www.theskishack.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=9105764&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=new&fr=xNewInventory

I really like the profile of this MXZ better than the last.  The bow doesn’t seem to slope down nearly as much, which was one of my biggest gripes of the prior 2 generations.  Looks like it got the same cubby behind the drivers seat as the 25lsv and the forward facing speakers of the 23mxz/LSV.  

Pretty boat!

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Had the same issue last week... pulled the boat out of the water in some rain and I was surprised at the water pooling on the floor up by the bow. 

ahopkins22LSV
33 minutes ago, SouthsideBoarder said:

With the redesign of the 23 LSV for 2021 is it too early to know if the running surface is new as well?

We may never know. The 2020 VTX was the first release I can remember that they specifically said the running surface was changed. And that’s about all the info we got. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, IXFE said:

Think about how 2021 is shaping up. This may be the freshest lineup we’ve ever seen!

20 VTX - 2nd year

22 LSV - 3rd year

23 LSV - 1st year 

23 MXZ - 2nd year

24 MXZ - 1st year 

25 LSV - 3rd year

M220 - 1st year 

M240 - 2nd year 

What’s left to update in 2022?  Maybe just the MLX / VLX?  I suppose they could refresh the 22 and 25 LSV as it seems they’re on more of a 3 year refresh cycle these days. It’s hard for me to imagine them rolling out a new 25 a year from now considering they’re just now waterfalling features from the ‘19 to the new 23 LSV and 24 MXZ. But it would make sense since the 22 and 25 are missing the soon-to-be ubiquitous walk thru. 

Regardless, Malibu is innovating at a blistering rate. Bravo, to the team in Louden!

Agree! Super impressed.  Maybe they figured out that a quicker refresh cycle causes people to upgrade much faster!  It was pretty crazy how we would it in a 2017 23LSV and it just wasn't different enough from our 2008 to justify an upgrade (and we had an automated surf system so we had checked that box.)  But the quicker major updates will certainly make it more compelling to upgrade more often.  

ahopkins22LSV
20 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Think about how 2021 is shaping up. This may be the freshest lineup we’ve ever seen!

20 VTX - 2nd year

22 LSV - 3rd year

23 LSV - 1st year 

23 MXZ - 2nd year

24 MXZ - 1st year 

25 LSV - 3rd year

M220 - 1st year 

M240 - 2nd year 

What’s left to update in 2022?  Maybe just the MLX / VLX?  I suppose they could refresh the 22 and 25 LSV as it seems they’re on more of a 3 year refresh cycle these days. It’s hard for me to imagine them rolling out a new 25 a year from now considering they’re just now waterfalling features from the ‘19 to the new 23 LSV and 24 MXZ. But it would make sense since the 22 and 25 are missing the soon-to-be ubiquitous walk thru. 

Regardless, Malibu is innovating at a blistering rate. Bravo, to the team in Louden!

22 MXZ, TXi, T22/23 would all be due I think. Along with the mlx/vlx like you mentioned. I’d think the 22 mxz is updated for this year would you think?

They used 25 features on the VTX too ;) every wants to be the 25! (Don’t blame them :lol:)

6 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

22 MXZ, TXi, T22/23 would all be due I think. Along with the mlx/vlx like you mentioned. I’d think the 22 mxz is updated for this year would you think?

They used 25 features on the VTX too ;) every wants to be the 25! (Don’t blame them :lol:)

I sort of wonder is the 22MXZ will stick around. I am going to guess that with the 23MXZ the 22 isn't selling all that great. Plus they added the M220. 

ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I sort of wonder is the 22MXZ will stick around. I am going to guess that with the 23MXZ the 22 isn't selling all that great. Plus they added the M220. 

That’s a fair point for 23 MXZ. The M220 will be in the league of the M240 though so not really comparable to the MXZ line. Guess we will see! 

10 hours ago, gregtay said:

I think it will still remain as the same reason the 22 LSV remains.  It is truly the first entry into the full Malibu lineup of top of the line specs.  Yes, the MLX/VLX of today are the "entry into Malibu" but you don't have the same size specs on lengths/widths which play a factor.  Someone wanting those specs but don't need the overall size are prime for those two boats.  I suppose time will tell.