Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

We were out today and plenty of passengers talked about how nice it would be to have the misters.  Seems silly but I agreed.  Lol

While we are on it how about options not out there -

Why can’t we just get a recoiler for rope and you can let out how much line you want?

And with all the other power gadgets - power fold racks just like folding mirrors.  I would use that constantly coming in and out of docks.  

7 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Not up here you can't.  Only mirrors are allowed to go over 8'6".  And CVSE (Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement) pulls over boats all the time.  They  are brutal, even if you have all the permits.  And yeah, they have tape measures and use them.

Must be trying to pay/keep their jobs with covid19

9 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Here you go. Took me about 20 second to remove the guide post. About 60 to reinstall it. 
8EA8095C-BB9B-4612-85F3-3F791FC2072A.thumb.jpeg.6fc2bac56460a0aead1514a782f836e8.jpeg
1CA9E85A-1EEE-4FBE-8B5D-BCDE3084A272.thumb.jpeg.2261c39c3e983acec959f6364d50e21c.jpeg

Hulk, I’ve personally loaded your boat into the trailer and never experienced the trouble you are describing. With almost all Malibu’s I’ve loaded the key is to get the trailer deep enough to get about 5’ from the bow roller and crank it the rest of the way. I’ve cranked your boat up, surely you can too. 

Pretty sure it would rip the eye out if I pulled it up with the boat back 5ft.. 

15 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Not up here you can't.  Only mirrors are allowed to go over 8'6".  And CVSE (Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement) pulls over boats all the time.  They  are brutal, even if you have all the permits.  And yeah, they have tape measures and use them.

I wonder how hard it would be to engineer power folding guide post that rotate from the rear of the boat while in tow to the side of the boat when ready to launch? seems like where they are located this might me a possibility although the swim platform might be a problem?

3 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

I wonder how hard it would be to engineer power folding guide post that rotate from the rear of the boat while in tow to the side of the boat when ready to launch? seems like where they are located this might me a possibility although the swim platform might be a problem?

Please... no more $10k options :crazy:

• Like 3
21 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

Mist machine and dog bowls ! Anyone think they are reaching with the options ?? I can’t help but laugh reading this thread . 

Starting  to think the ports potty will be included by 2025 ( assuming hulk gets his 27lsv!😂)

MC has it as option!! And that's only 26 footer. Haha

15 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

I love the idea and have thought about it in the past. But not "power"... just too much to go wrong. But why not pull a pin and we able to swing the guide posts in closer to the boat (or behind them as you say).  I just need a few inches to clear my garage door and it is a pain to fully remove heavy guide poles.  If people can have built in doggy bowls why can't I have a easy solution to for guide poles :).  Power would get to messy, water and electric motors, etc would be prone to fail.  

2 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

IIRC the old Malibu 25-footer had a porta-potty option.

Yep, the Sunscape 25 had a head. I actually think this is one of the coolest models Malibu ever made and I am surprised they didn't keep something like this in the lineup.  I think it would only work with a dual captains chairs or the non-traditional setup Masterfraft used on the 26.  We only used the potty for emergencies but it was hand to have it when needed. But the area was great storing stuff and also for changing in/out of bathing suits, etc.

Capture.JPG.96cb6896ddec5c037d4793b5205234b6.JPG'

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

Yep, the Sunscape 25 had a head. I actually think this is one of the coolest models Malibu ever made and I am surprised they didn't keep something like this in the lineup.  I think it would only work with a dual captains chairs or the non-traditional setup Masterfraft used on the 26.  We only used the potty for emergencies but it was hand to have it when needed. But the area was great storing stuff and also for changing in/out of bathing suits, etc.

Capture.JPG.96cb6896ddec5c037d4793b5205234b6.JPG'

No hiding it that's a Malibu for sure.. even has carpet in the head!! 

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, The Hulk said:

No hiding it that's a Malibu for sure.. even has carpet in the head!! 

Can you imagine how much pee would soak that carpet?:vomit:

Edited by Chappy
  • Haha 2
On 8/14/2020 at 9:58 PM, smuurph84 said:

Mist machine and dog bowls ! Anyone think they are reaching with the options ?? I can’t help but laugh reading this thread . 

I'd say they do research into what customers are asking for.

Really can't see them putting in time on something that no one wants.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

I'd say they do research into what customers are asking for.

Really can't see them putting in time on something that no one wants.

Im sure they do ! As a 2016 axis t22  owner the speaker at the helm and the adjusted angle of the stereo And larger gas tank on new t22’s are proof .

Just curious where they got the dog bowl And mister ideas ? ( never saw it on the tmc list for new features wanted that typically shows up every year 

• 3 months later...

The re-design on the 23lsv looks pretty sharp but I’m not a fan of it for the LSV line in general. I like how LSV’s look like boats, not robots  

Anybody know anything about where 25LSV is in its design cycle? Thinking about upgrading from a 22’ but wouldn’t want to if a 2022 model is a new design

39 minutes ago, BarliBear said:

The re-design on the 23lsv looks pretty sharp but I’m not a fan of it for the LSV line in general. I like how LSV’s look like boats, not robots  

Anybody know anything about where 25LSV is in its design cycle? Thinking about upgrading from a 22’ but wouldn’t want to if a 2022 model is a new design

2019 was the first year of the current 25 LSV design. Design cycles have typically been 4 years but Malibu pulled in a number of models this year during their Covid break with an early 23 LSV redesign and MXZ line update.

8 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

I had thought it was 3 yrs.

The 25 LSV has been refreshed more frequently recently but the other platforms were typically 4 years up until this year. Could be a shift towards shorter cycles now since each refresh has seen a noticeable bump in sales.

40 minutes ago, NWBU said:

The 25 LSV has been refreshed more frequently recently but the other platforms were typically 4 years up until this year. Could be a shift towards shorter cycles now since each refresh has seen a noticeable bump in sales.

I don't see how they don't add the walk through on the 22 and 25 next year.  

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I agree with this.  People have been asking for the walk through for a long time.  Many other manufacturers have it.  It's one of the reasons we held out for a '21.

• Like 2
On 12/4/2020 at 6:46 AM, Five Cent Worth said:

I hope that you can order without. We hate the walkthrough/over. 

Just placed order for 23LSV and was told by dealer that Malibu is offering new soft grip accent colors. Has anyone seen any of the new combos?  I was told that they are now offering Azure blue, Dark blue, Indy Red, Vapor Blue and Zephyr Blue.