Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

On 7/17/2020 at 3:42 PM, MalibuMatty said:

Can the mister dispense vodka?

I'm surprised they haven't added the Side Bar option yet to the cabin behind driver!. 

Anyone done a mini keg install in there yet?

Heard it's standard on the 27lsv!

4a94d5f84805cd918b871ddea297c820.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 3
11 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

Interesting to me that the wakeboarder in the promo video has double knee braces.  Ouch.

She has had her share of injuries but is awesome to teach you and fun to watch ride!

from the video: "Removable guide posts"   -> This is HUGE for some of us if they truely make them "quickly removable" vs. how they have been set up prior to 2021.  I put my 23LSV in an 8x9' garage... the Gx lowers in seconds, then I pull off the board racks which is about 60 seconds.... then it takes  few minutes of work to get the darn guide post off.  If someone has a 21 trailer, take a photo of how the guide posts are attached.

ahopkins22LSV
12 minutes ago, gregtay said:

from the video: "Removable guide posts"   -> This is HUGE for some of us if they truely make them "quickly removable" vs. how they have been set up prior to 2021.  I put my 23LSV in an 8x9' garage... the Gx lowers in seconds, then I pull off the board racks which is about 60 seconds.... then it takes  few minutes of work to get the darn guide post off.  If someone has a 21 trailer, take a photo of how the guide posts are attached.

Our 2020 trailer has 2 quick release pins on each guide pole.

13 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

CAn you take a photo when you get a chance.  My 2019 has bolts and I really know of no way to use quick release pins... but maybe it's possible. 

37 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

older versions just two bolts/clamping down on the pipe, when you tighten it bends the steel tube... they are loose and if you hit good they move out etc.. they are all TOO SHORT even for most shallow ramps. they need to be taller IMO, add some 2" PVC pipe and make taller otherwise there is a good chance you can damage by catching the guide poles under the rub rails!!! you either have to put in shallow to keep guides above rub rail and power the heck up onto trailer or keep pushing on and having trailer back up a ft or two at a time but then the nose gets lower than the winch/front.. someone needs to make rollers on these trailers that retract down after your on! not as big of issue on 22ft and under but these bigger boats are a PIA with trailer and the bunks only give you about 0.25" inch clearance on the chines each side so when you pull out you have to be PERFECT or go back in and drop between chines... seems they could widen the bunks up on trailer another 1" to give you a bit of working room! 

has anyone actually measured width of these on a trailer when they are bent "outward" everyone says we cant have a wider boats but nearly all guide poles are wider than allowed.. so if they are removable why not make 6-10" wider boat, 6-12" wider boat would be fine. thats only 3-6" per side which most guide poles stick out anyways! just make the guide poles removable and your fine.. come on jack! 27lsv 1ft wider!  

Edited by The Hulk
4 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

older versions just two bolts/clamping down on the pipe, when you tighten it bends the steel tube... they are loose and if you hit good they move etc.. 

has anyone actually measured width of these on a trailer when they are bent "outward" everyone says we cant have a wider boats but nearly all guide poles are wider than allowed.. so if they are removable why not make 6-10" wider boat, 6-12" wider boat would be fine. thats only 3-6" per side which most guide poles stick out anyways! just make the guide poles removable and your fine.. come on jack! 27lsv 1ft wider!  

I think they can get away with guide poles that are removable being beyond 8' 6"... because you can remove then, drive, put them on to launch. Little harder to sneak a boat that is wider than 8'6"... some states are stricter than other on the rules.

Edited by gregtay
7 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I think they can get away with guide poles that are removable being beyond 8' 6"... because you can remove then, drive, put them on to launch. Little harder to sneak a boat that is wider than 8'6"... some states are stricter than other on the rules.

you ever seen someone take out their tape measure? i doubt anyone would notice.. i'd roll with it haha

Edited by The Hulk
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, gregtay said:

CAn you take a photo when you get a chance.  My 2019 has bolts and I really know of no way to use quick release pins... but maybe it's possible. 

Here you go. Took me about 20 second to remove the guide post. About 60 to reinstall it. 
8EA8095C-BB9B-4612-85F3-3F791FC2072A.thumb.jpeg.6fc2bac56460a0aead1514a782f836e8.jpeg
1CA9E85A-1EEE-4FBE-8B5D-BCDE3084A272.thumb.jpeg.2261c39c3e983acec959f6364d50e21c.jpeg

49 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

older versions just two bolts/clamping down on the pipe, when you tighten it bends the steel tube... they are loose and if you hit good they move out etc.. they are all TOO SHORT even for most shallow ramps. they need to be taller IMO, add some 2" PVC pipe and make taller otherwise there is a good chance you can damage by catching the guide poles under the rub rails!!! you either have to put in shallow to keep guides above rub rail and power the heck up onto trailer or keep pushing on and having trailer back up a ft or two at a time but then the nose gets lower than the winch/front.. someone needs to make rollers on these trailers that retract down after your on! not as big of issue on 22ft and under but these bigger boats are a PIA with trailer and the bunks only give you about 0.25" inch clearance on the chines each side so when you pull out you have to be PERFECT or go back in and drop between chines... seems they could widen the bunks up on trailer another 1" to give you a bit of working room! 

Hulk, I’ve personally loaded your boat into the trailer and never experienced the trouble you are describing. With almost all Malibu’s I’ve loaded the key is to get the trailer deep enough to get about 5’ from the bow roller and crank it the rest of the way. I’ve cranked your boat up, surely you can too. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Here you go. Took me about 20 second to remove the guide post. About 60 to reinstall it. 
8EA8095C-BB9B-4612-85F3-3F791FC2072A.thumb.jpeg.6fc2bac56460a0aead1514a782f836e8.jpeg
1CA9E85A-1EEE-4FBE-8B5D-BCDE3084A272.thumb.jpeg.2261c39c3e983acec959f6364d50e21c.jpeg

Hulk, I’ve personally loaded your boat into the trailer and never experienced the trouble you are describing. With almost all Malibu’s I’ve loaded the key is to get the trailer deep enough to get about 5’ from the bow roller and crank it the rest of the way. I’ve cranked your boat up, surely you can too. 

Good to see they redesigned the way the poles mount. That is completely different from 2019 and earlier. The old design really isn't made for people who remove the poles.

Same!

25 minutes ago, Chappy said:

Who is checking the $500 dog bowl option?;)

This option makes my head spin... I get that there is a small population that will think this is great but this is what Malibu's engineers and designers came up with as "what innovative features should we add to our $200k boat."    If they are looking for something small and unique to appeal to the masses and make our days on the lake a little better then I can think of a lot of little things that would be far more useful than a built in flip down dogfood bowl. :-/

24 minutes ago, gregtay said:

This option makes my head spin... I get that there is a small population that will think this is great but this is what Malibu's engineers and designers came up with as "what innovative features should we add to our $200k boat."    If they are looking for something small and unique to appeal to the masses and make our days on the lake a little better then I can think of a lot of little things that would be far more useful than a built in flip down dogfood bowl. :-/

Is it April 1st already?  H. L. Mencken would be smiling.

Not up here you can't.  Only mirrors are allowed to go over 8'6".  And CVSE (Commercial Vehicle Safety Enforcement) pulls over boats all the time.  They  are brutal, even if you have all the permits.  And yeah, they have tape measures and use them.

3 hours ago, gregtay said:

Good to see they redesigned the way the poles mount. That is completely different from 2019 and earlier. The old design really isn't made for people who remove the poles.

Just to compare.. this is what they used in 2019... dumbest design ever.  It is almost as if they were going out of their way to make it as cheap as possible along with as difficult as possible for people who need to remove them. You can not simply slide a pole in the hole as there is nothing to hold it, it will just flop over and scratch up the paint.  You have to hold it in place (and it is top heavy) while getting the bolts in place... and you can't let go of the pole till the bolts are completely tight.  I tossed one of the bolts in there it would go (it would be going through the holes in the pole with the nut on the end. The rusty guides are the only thing that set the pole at the correct angle.  Great to see Malibu finally address this one and redesign the way they attach.

20200814_140358.thumb.jpg.212c34acae2de139b806eeb8782fd073.jpg

20200814_140415.thumb.jpg.568553773644379cd570b3c135072e61.jpg

5 hours ago, Chappy said:

Who is checking the $500 dog bowl option?;)

They probably got this idea from the RV market. Several years ago Grand Design RV asked my company to make a dog bowl just like that. It fits in under one of the steps going up into the gooseneck of a 5th wheel. I thought that was kind of crazy to have that sitting in a wood drawer, especially knowing how my dog drinks water. I think I now have 5 different dog dishes for about3 or 4 different RV manufacturers. It was a creative idea to use up dead space. Grand Design even took that concept and gave the option for either a dog dish or now we make a tray that will hold 3 or 4 wine bottles. So in short, I would like to take credit for Malibu putting the dog dish in an otherwise unusable space.

He mentioned electronic valves on the ballast.  I suppose that they can now get rid of the antisiphon devices that have often been a cause for frustration.   Nautique has been using a valve since 2016 which eliminated some siphoning issues that some owners were having.  The valves are triggered when the ballast pumps are turned on, and open the valves at the hull.  I was very concerned about reliability on my G23, but it seemed that there have not been many failures at all of the electric valves.  I assume that Malibu's version will be very similar.  

Basically, they took everything from the 25 LSV and put it into this boat.  Good move by Malibu.  

Mist machine and dog bowls ! Anyone think they are reaching with the options ?? I can’t help but laugh reading this thread . 

Starting  to think the ports potty will be included by 2025 ( assuming hulk gets his 27lsv!😂)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1