Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

2021 25 LSV that was sold.  Tower looks great.  Looks like it has the "thin" screen for 2021.

We went to look at a 2020 24 MXZ but ended up selling a few hrs before we got there.  Our local dealer sold more boats in May than any other month before.  They have been open since 1973....

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

20 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

2021 25 LSV that was sold.  Tower looks great.  Looks like it has the "thin" screen for 2021.

We went to look at a 2020 24 MXZ but ended up selling a few hrs before we got there.  Our local dealer sold more boats in May than any other month before.  They have been open since 1973....

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

This screen is a nice touch but I personal don’t like the aesthetic look of the new tower or how they configured the bow speakers. I like thick robust looking towers and the new one looks dainty IMO.

On 6/8/2020 at 7:46 PM, sbaird4000 said:

What’s the Malibu Ice Box and Driver Drybox? Is the Ice Box referring to a cooler?

I think this is the 25LSV Yeti softside cooler holder.  Taking that feature at least over to the 2021 24 MXZ.  They gave me a build sheet of one being delivered in AUG and it had this box checked and you could see it in the crappy rendering.  

They should call that one "offensive." 😂 

It's great there are options. Squirrel for every nut they say. 

It's classic all the way here. 

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

I do think the previous 23 scheme was a little easier to work with design wise. I've seen some beautiful 25s in the new scheme but I think you have to work a little harder at it.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, gregtay said:

I do think the previous 23 scheme was a little easier to work with design wise. I've seen some beautiful 25s in the new scheme but I think you have to work a little harder at it.

I think on the new gel scheme...less is more. The ones that have looked the best in my opinion have been mainly one color 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, SOcalSurfer said:

I think on the new gel scheme...less is more. The ones that have looked the best in my opinion have been mainly one color 

I think on that pattern, color matters a lot.  The black and silver one looks pretty sharp.  The one at the link, not as much.

IMG_1635.thumb.jpg.25a3a2c48b197266d3233

Two things, the new gel pattern begs for a solid color boat otherwise the rest of lines look terrible.  Also, sorry but those new bow speakers look terrible!

1 hour ago, Chappy said:

Two things, the new gel pattern begs for a solid color boat otherwise the rest of lines look terrible.  Also, sorry but those new bow speakers look terrible!

I'm trying to figure out why the did the bow speakers that way, did they somehow gain more width across the inside of the bow (meaning a shallower side panel that no longer had the needed depth for a speaker? Or did the new location on the MXZ sound so good that just had to do it on the lsv?

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

I'm trying to figure out why the did the bow speakers that way, did they somehow gain more width across the inside of the bow (meaning a shallower side panel that no longer had the needed depth for a speaker? Or did the new location on the MXZ sound so good that just had to do it on the lsv?

I want to see one in person before judging it. I think it might be more flush with the front vinyl than it looks in the picture. 

I think (and I’m hoping) the pictures make it look like they stick out farther than they do 

19 hours ago, UWSkier said:

It's classic all the way here. 

Agreed.  We say it is hard to make an ugly boat.  But, wow, the Tetris look hasn't grown on me.  

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Agreed.  We say it is hard to make an ugly boat.  But, wow, the Tetris look hasn't grown on me.  

Totally agree, buddy just bought an all black 2020 25 LSV and is it gorgeous.  Once you start adding multiple colors those gel lines go in the toilet in a hurry.

1 hour ago, Chappy said:

Calling it now, those bow speakers will be a one and done!

Agreed.  I'm not sure why they'd change that in the first place.  Must be some benefit that I'm not seeing, but sure seems like they made a change just to make a change.  Running out of improvements I guess....

I'm torn on the speaker placement.  It seems that it may produce better sound, but the placement is intrusive to the cabin space.  It seems like if someone is sitting in the bow facing forward, the speakers are in the way of the natural placement of one's legs.  That I don't understand.  I know when my better half and I are in the bow of our 22 VLX, we enjoy the space that's there.  Otherwise, I'm liking all the other improvements quite a bit, the walk-through being my favorite thus far.