Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

I tend to agree.  I am pretty happy with the current freeboard... why go any higher?  

100% sick of taking water over the bow.  Ride in my buddies MC and never seen it happen.  Mind you, we are on a big fresh water lake with lots of big boats and I gave up on the trailer some time ago.

Edited by Five Cent Worth
typo

I'm not addressing anyone in particular in this post, just a trend I see.

460byo.jpg

I know it's the name of the game in surfing, but the USCG placard lists weight recommendations for a reason.

• Like 2

Has anyone heard that the 22LSV is going away? I was told by someone that the 22LSV was going away to make was for an M220 type boat. Any one with inside info that 2021 the 22 LSV will go away or be its final year?

5 minutes ago, mk2driver said:

Has anyone heard that the 22LSV is going away? I was told by someone that the 22LSV was going away to make was for an M220 type boat. Any one with inside info that 2021 the 22 LSV will go away or be its final year?

We have seen 2021 22LSV's listed (with real photos) for sale on dealers sites... so there is a 2021 22LSV being offered (at least at the moment.)  No clue if there is some future plan to do something different.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, mk2driver said:

The 22 LSV did well it's 1st year so I can't imagine Malibu would can it so quickly for a much higher price point boat. Once the molds are made and interior cushion templates are set up, most everything else is interchangeable between models. Then you just print $. 

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV

If Malibu were to introduce a M220 or whatever, it wouldn’t be to replace the 22 lsv, it would be to add to the M series. If it were to replace the 22 it would dwarf the 23 LSV and not for any intermediate step between the vtx and 23 or 25. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

If Malibu were to introduce a M220 or whatever, it wouldn’t be to replace the 22 lsv, it would be to add to the M series. If it were to replace the 22 it would dwarf the 23 LSV and not for any intermediate step between the vtx and 23 or 25. 

Rumor has it the M220 will replace the 22 mxz...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SOcalSurfer said:

I could see that.. i am guessing that with thee 23MXZ the 22 sales were way down in 2020.

38 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

It got a cosmetic and minor hill change apparently 

See the post in the Axis sub forum... i posted up photos and a build sheet that a dealer had for their online listing.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
8 hours ago, SOcalSurfer said:

That would make a little more sense, but not enough to convince me. The M240 is a completely different style boat than the 24 MXZ so one would think a M220 would be in the same league as the M240 which would put it above the 22 MXZ just as the M240 is above the 24 MXZ. 

27 minutes ago, Woodski said:

With a new Prostar due out tomorrow, the latest Nautique rolled out last year, TXI timing to keep pace on the 3 event side??

I love skiing, but aside from promo guys I don't think there are a lot of people waiting around to see what minor change is going to cause the next price increase.

3Event.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, Woodski said:

With a new Prostar due out tomorrow, the latest Nautique rolled out last year, TXI timing to keep pace on the 3 event side??

I was thinking we might see one for 2021. It would be 4 years since last update/release. However I am guessing 2022.

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

I love skiing, but aside from promo guys I don't think there are a lot of people waiting around to see what minor change is going to cause the next price increase.

3Event.jpg

Factory still builds way more TXi's than you would think. It is definitely not just Promo guys ordering them.

17 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I know it's the name of the game in surfing, but the USCG placard lists weight recommendations for a reason.

It find it just a tad amusing when people load up their boat like its the Edmund Fitzgerald and then are shocked and dismayed when they lose freeboard and take on water.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

It find it just a tad amusing when people load up their boat like its the Edmund Fitzgerald and then are shocked and dismayed when they lose freeboard and take on water.  :)

Crap, now that song is going to be in my head all day.

• Haha 2

Probably another year or two for the TXi. They could help the current one immensely by giving us some new gel patterns that don't make it so hard to build a good looking one. 90 percent of them look awful. The other ones look amazing, like the 2018 in the classifieds here. 

So... my 2019 lsv sold this week. My dealer has a 2020 that I ordered last fall. Would you take this boat now, or try to hold out for a 2021 23 lsv, now that we know the new changes?? My hip was replaced 2 weeks ago, so no water sports till September. 

4 minutes ago, surfdude said:

My dealer has a 2020 that I ordered last fall. 

When the 2021s hit the lot that's a year old boat even if its band new.  I'd take a year old new boat if it was priced accordingly.    

• Like 1
1 hour ago, surfdude said:

So... my 2019 lsv sold this week. My dealer has a 2020 that I ordered last fall. Would you take this boat now, or try to hold out for a 2021 23 lsv, now that we know the new changes?? My hip was replaced 2 weeks ago, so no water sports till September. 

I personally really like the rear walkthrough, so I'd be trying to get into the 2021. New gel design doesn't hurt either.

Talk to your dealer and see what they can do, since you're injured anyway. Right now they're probably more worried about running out of boats to sell in a few weeks, so this may actually help them keep up with the current demand. They could sell a $100K+ boat, at a nice profit, to a family new to boating, and still keep you on the books for this fall.  

7 hours ago, NWBU said:

Right now they're probably more worried about running out of boats to sell in a few weeks, so this may actually help them keep up with the current demand. They could sell a $100K+ boat, at a nice profit, to a family new to boating, and still keep you on the books for this fall.  

I am debating with the wife on kicking the tires on this.  My dealer has sold ALL his 23 LSV after getting his second shipment on them three wks ago.  I was wondering what my boat would be worth in today's environment.  

54 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

I am debating with the wife on kicking the tires on this.  My dealer has sold ALL his 23 LSV after getting his second shipment on them three wks ago.  I was wondering what my boat would be worth in today's environment.  

If you're willing to not have a boat for a month or so, I bet your 2019 is worth more than you expect come mid-July. You might have to wait a bit for the 2021 though, depending if you custom order or find a stock one you like that's not already committed.