Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

On 6/17/2020 at 5:58 AM, IXFE said:

I love red but that boat is hard to look at. 

Curious why folks think the new tower looks like the Gx... to me it looks more like a G3.5 without a hoop. Gx is way way beefier. 

Same, not a huge fan yet but also havent seen one with board racks on it. I think thats making it look a little funny also.

I would love to know if the GX is still an option for 21

1 minute ago, SOcalSurfer said:

Same, not a huge fan yet but also havent seen one with board racks on it. I think thats making it look a little funny also.

I would love to know if the GX is still an option for 21

I am sure it is... it's still their new power tower and yields a $11K upsell... they would be crazy to drop it after 18 months.

On 6/14/2020 at 7:42 AM, Five Cent Worth said:

Is the 25 LSV getting the walk through?

I checked with our dealer.  No walk through on the 25 in 2021.

It looks like there was some carry over from the 25 on the flanks. I like the tower, but the new Bimini kind of scares me unless this photo was during assembly. Looks like the vertical docking lights got moved to a horizontal position which makes me think the front hull transition they used to sit on may have  been smoothed out a little. With the new walk over the SeaDek panel leads me to believe that there is the new flip over cup holder wake view bench seat out of view. Recessed ski pole aft and the hinges make it appear that the walk over flips to the rear for in boat access. And what appears to be a big change is the area from the back of the tower aft is on one plane. There is no longer the sloping 2 level transition that my 19 has, but it could just be the photo.

4 hours ago, wdr said:

It looks like there was some carry over from the 25 on the flanks. I like the tower, but the new Bimini kind of scares me unless this photo was during assembly. Looks like the vertical docking lights got moved to a horizontal position which makes me think the front hull transition they used to sit on may have  been smoothed out a little. With the new walk over the SeaDek panel leads me to believe that there is the new flip over cup holder wake view bench seat out of view. Recessed ski pole aft and the hinges make it appear that the walk over flips to the rear for in boat access. And what appears to be a big change is the area from the back of the tower aft is on one plane. There is no longer the sloping 2 level transition that my 19 has, but it could just be the photo.

Yes, it has the newer style flip over wake bench seat.

I know that is pretty much the 25LSV gel pattern but that photo doesn't make me love it on the 23.. but that might just be the way they did the colors on that boat. Just looks a little choppy the way the black randomly breaks things up.

4 hours ago, wdr said:

. I like the tower, but the new Bimini kind of scares me unless this photo was during assembly. 

From the looks of that photo I don't think the bimini is installed, I think it is just resting there (from shipping).  I think the things pointed in the air are the slider mounts and the rails aren't mounted in the sliders yet.  At least that is what I am hoping is going on.

11 hours ago, IXFE said:

let’s just call this what it is... the all new 23 LSV. 

I'm not convinced. I don't see them launching a new 23 without substantially increasing freeboard. 

22 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Pictures of the new 23 taken from FB...

72A0A923-6B74-46AA-AF17-9107E617E305.jpeg

D076B96A-F5D1-40A0-B049-926BA0175E90.jpeg

If that’s the new gen 23 LSV I’m very happy we got a 2020. I don’t like the new scheme. It looks ok on the 25 but IMO not great for 23.

1 minute ago, 2020LSV23 said:

If that’s the new gen 23 LSV I’m very happy we got a 2020. I don’t like the new scheme. It looks ok on the 25 but IMO not great for 23.

That’s the aggressive scheme. You can also get the classic scheme or progressive scheme 

Walk through I can see as a nice touch, maybe I just don’t like the seadek scheme on the walk through on this picture,  they need to make more like MXZ walk through. Maybe I also have FOMO because new model has walk through and I do like them lol

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, 2020LSV23 said:

Walk through I can see as a nice touch, maybe I just don’t like the seadek scheme on the walk through on this picture,  they need to make more like MXZ walk through. Maybe I also have FOMO because new model has walk through and I do like them lol

That looks identical to the 23 MXZ walk through and what they’ve done on the 22 and 24 walk throughs from what I can tell from the renderings posted here. 

6 hours ago, IXFE said:

You’re not convinced that both top and bottom molds are entirely new??

IXFE is right.. they have to be new molds. Doesn't mean the wet surface changed (it often doesn't with new models) but the 23 has been completely redone this year.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

That looks identical to the 23 MXZ walk through and what they’ve done on the 22 and 24 walk throughs from what I can tell from the renderings posted here. 

yes, looks like an identical setup.

Based on the pictures of my build the bow speakers have been changed as well. They are in the same location as previous years but they appear to be angled towards the cabin for 2021. Also, in the cabin area the port side shows three speakers just like the 25 lsv and the cup holder placement has changed as well as the illuminated wakesetter badging which now says lsv. I’ll change my profile picture so you can zoom in and see what I’m saying. My 2021 23 lsv is set to arrive at the dealer either Monday or Tuesday so hopefully I can get some pictures to post. I do have pictures of my boat at the factory but don’t think I can post them until I’m a paid member.

Edited by sbaird4000

Great move by Malibu to refresh the 23 LSV a year earlier than most of us expected. With sales being so strong this spring, they’re not going to strand any leftover 2020’s at dealers this year, which is usually the issue when a model is updated.

Unless @IXFE just photoshopped a 25 and called it a 23...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 6/20/2020 at 12:38 PM, gregtay said:

I know that is pretty much the 25LSV gel pattern but that photo doesn't make me love it on the 23.. but that might just be the way they did the colors on that boat. Just looks a little choppy the way the black randomly breaks things up.

Tetris........ 

On 6/21/2020 at 3:41 AM, IXFE said:

You’re not convinced that both top and bottom molds are entirely new??

The top deck rub rail dips like the 25 LSV.  This is not the case for the current 23 LSV.  I would say with high certainty there is new tooling associated with this.  (Hopefully more freeboard!)

21 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Man, you wake guys constantly yelling for more freeboard makes me feel like I'm at a Skynyrd concert...

I tend to agree.  I am pretty happy with the current freeboard... why go any higher?  I don't really need a 23' boat that has a dry weight any higher than it is today. If the freeboard gets any taller then the idea of fitting under an 8' garage goes out the window.  If you live on the lake with a lift then I totally get it.. more is always better, but some of us still store our boats in our garage at home and have to drag the boat to the lake.   I guess for those who want the big tall heavy boat there is the M240 (and maybe they created a shorter version of it.)   Or maybe that a good differentiator from the LSV and MXZ in the future... make the MXZ a deep hull/ high freeboard boat and leave the LSV on the shorter side of things.