Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

1 hour ago, hethj7 said:

My joke didn’t go over - I thought since one change made the wife want to switch we would get insight to what Malibu is doing new by divulging what she didn’t like before.  But GPS cruise isn’t it.  Oh well.  

Lol, I understood what yourself and others were alluding to. It wasn't one change that made my wife want to switch, she is fine with keeping the Nautique we have. It was however, one change that put a smile on her face and made it acceptable, not a must, but acceptable to switch. If the pictures of my ordered build are correct then 2021 will have a few welcome upgrades. 

1 hour ago, asnowman said:

I don't get up there near often enough, spent many days on Messalonskee when i was in college. We are on Sebago, so if your down that way, give a shout.

Appreciate the invite, thanks! Same is true if you're in our area. 

Having your model boat and its colours loaded up onto the display screens instead of just a stock white boat would be good. I am surprised they still have not done this and can't imagine it would be to difficult for them to do, just upload colour and model info? Pretty small adjustment in the scheme of things but Malibu have been so good over the years at the small stuff you don't think of

Hoping that the MXZ updates for 2021 follow the design cues of the M240 (flip-up bow walkthrough seat/wind block, updated wide bow design, Surfgate Fusion) much like the MXZ line incorporated many of the M235 features with the current generation that began in 2017.  I would lose the slideout cooler though - location is fine but I see no practical value having the slideout.  A true 25 MXZ would be great.

• Like 2

My list of possible 2021 improvements (just my list.. and I am mainly thinking 23LSV.)

Better Surf board storage options (either a trunk like a Supra (there is plenty of room) or different rack options on a new tower

More interior light options (like the M240)

A passenger side screen for adjusting music and other features (heater/lights, etC)  Supra has this, really smart feature.

I'd love to see an in-floor cooler option it the 23 (doubt they could ever do it with the current hull.)

I hope the 23LSV get the newer style wakeview seat with more options.

I am guessing Malibu is also working on a better "thruster" option.  I think the inboard steering thing scares off a lot of people. The Imtra Side Power (Easy Drive) solution works but I am guessing Malibu would rather have a cleaner more integrated solution vs. a big motor sticking off the back.  The wedge mount could easily be modified to have some sort of side thrusting power attached.  I like the Nautique setup that gives you a little thrust when you have the wheel cranked and going slow.

13 hours ago, gregtay said:

More interior light options (like the M240)

A passenger side screen for adjusting music and other features (heater/lights, etC)  Supra has this, really smart feature.

I'd love to see an in-floor cooler option it the 23 (doubt they could ever do it with the current hull.)

I hope the 23LSV get the newer style wakeview seat with more options.

I am guessing Malibu is also working on a better "thruster" option.  I think the inboard steering thing scares off a lot of people. The Imtra Side Power (Easy Drive) solution works but I am guessing Malibu would rather have a cleaner more integrated solution vs. a big motor sticking off the back.  The wedge mount could easily be modified to have some sort of side thrusting power attached.  I like the Nautique setup that gives you a little thrust when you have the wheel cranked and going slow.

I was just about to type all of these. 

The Supra side screen is cool and isn't that a new option on MC as well? 

The interior lights are okay at best.  The factory std don't illuminate the boat all that much.  A "dome" light would be cool.

The in floor cooler on the G is sweet.  

If they cascade the 25 wakeview seat to the other models, I would like to see the design refreshed so the gap isn't so pronounced. 

And my boat steers like a pig when loaded down.  A better, more maneuverable boat at the dock and when picking up a surfer would be great.  

Do you think we wiill get alternative bimini options for colors?  Sometimes these alternative color boats with a black bimini don't mix.    

Edited by Five Cent Worth

Question as I don't really pay attention to these things that much anymore... as Malibu has gone to bigger boats with deeper Vs and tugboat sized props, have they increased the size of control surfaces?  I.e. does a M240 or 25LSV now have a larger rudder than one made 5 years ago?  It would seem this would help, especially at lower speeds.  Years ago when they started putting gorilla fins on the V drives, it helped a lot with maneuverability, but the boats have turned into giant pigs since then and I wonder if they've kept up.

I think it would be nice to have a rudder indicator on the dash so you can see the direction the rudder is turned towards. This would help from overcorrecting when loading on a trailer or boat lift.

6 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Question as I don't really pay attention to these things that much anymore... as Malibu has gone to bigger boats with deeper Vs and tugboat sized props, have they increased the size of control surfaces?  I.e. does a M240 or 25LSV now have a larger rudder than one made 5 years ago?  It would seem this would help, especially at lower speeds.  Years ago when they started putting gorilla fins on the V drives, it helped a lot with maneuverability, but the boats have turned into giant pigs since then and I wonder if they've kept up.

No... but there is a thread about Malibu coming up with a new bigger rudder for the larger boats (someone installed it.)    I think a 24/25 foot boat has a bigger rudder than the 23 (23 has the "Malibu" stamped rudder and the bigger boats currently have the SUNSCAPE stamped rudder.  I have thought of trying the sunscape rudder on my 23 just to see if it is an improvement (or has some downsides.)

Anyone else have any real information on the 2021 24 mxz? I’m assuming it will pick up some things from the 23 mxz and follow the same gel lines and interior changes. Last hull was so good I’m doubting it gets much better, but one can hope! I’m ready to order and hopefully get something I can use for a bit later this summer. 

25 minutes ago, cptotr said:

Anyone else have any real information on the 2021 24 mxz? I’m assuming it will pick up some things from the 23 mxz and follow the same gel lines and interior changes. Last hull was so good I’m doubting it gets much better, but one can hope! I’m ready to order and hopefully get something I can use for a bit later this summer. 

If you are ready to order call your dealer, they should be able to give you the new options and features as part of the order process.

On 6/5/2020 at 3:26 PM, Hemmy said:

I think it would be nice to have a rudder indicator on the dash so you can see the direction the rudder is turned towards. This would help from overcorrecting when loading on a trailer or boat lift.

Great idea!

Looks like a few 2021's on order have started hitting the some sites. This one shows the new tower which looks like a manual version of the Gx.  Slimmer than a G3 but missing the big overhead section the Gx has.  I don't see anything else new but this is 23MXZ and VLX so I won't expect any thing huge since it is a new boats.

4.thumb.JPG.ed67778ab62a7ee740553ab7542e29ae.JPG

6.thumb.JPG.e7421fd2c8214d7a70ef6a3531f8faaf.JPG

Capture5.thumb.JPG.cb67ab876ea1d57470e5f0e7f1874c45.JPG

1.thumb.JPG.724c753535c62ff6ff020d6d115da0eb.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.8dfb82d4ed83075d39955fbc4ad29cd5.JPG

c

Just now, gregtay said:

and here is the 23lsv with walkover

23.JPG

And new gelcoat lines up front and confirmed that is the new wakeview seat from the newer boats.  All new rear seats design to make the walkthrough work. 

Other options from an spec sheet a dealer posted with their listing for the 23LSV

New tower is called a G5

Bow phone holder option

2nd subwoofer option

Walkover filler cushion (only $238)

Malibu "ice Box"?  (~200 option)

231.JPG.3916eb81229870648311312f71b89c2b.JPG

Edited by gregtay
56 minutes ago, gregtay said:

c

And new gelcoat lines up front and confirmed that is the new wakeview seat from the newer boats.  All new rear seats design to make the walkthrough work. 

Zoomed in a bit so you can see more detail (still terrible quality.) 

2333.thumb.JPG.9fec68d0e4f51e7b624181106f87b425.JPG

• Like 2