Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

29 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

Heard the 2021 23 lsv will have walk through transom 🙄🙄🙄

I suppose anything is possible. That would require a bunch of new top deck molds. If it happens I predict BIG price hike for the 23 LSV

On 5/23/2020 at 6:07 PM, IXFE said:

I suppose anything is possible. That would require a bunch of new top deck molds. If it happens I predict BIG price hike for the 23 LSV

Who know... guy I know said his order is in and that’s what the dealer told him ... not sure what to believe. I do think the 23lsv could

benefit greatly from a walk through and fiberglass engine hatch

also heard the a24 will have a new top deck and dash

Edited by agarabaghi
ahopkins22LSV
26 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

Who know... guy I know said his order is in and that’s what the dealer told him ... not sure what to believe. I do think the 23lsv could

benefit greatly from a walk through and fiberglass engine hatch

also heard the a24 will have a new top deck and dash

His order is in for a 2021? I don’t think they have even had model year change dealer meetings and typically the dealer portal doesn’t swap over until mid June. Maybe it was sooner this year but I’d be surprised.

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

His order is in for a 2021? I don’t think they have even had model year change dealer meetings and typically the dealer portal doesn’t swap over until mid June. Maybe it was sooner this year but I’d be surprised.

Yup, sounds fishy. But nothing about this year has felt normal. Maybe Malibu is anxious to put 2020 in the rearview mirror? 

• Like 1
On 5/23/2020 at 3:07 PM, IXFE said:

34 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Yup, sounds fishy. But nothing about this year has felt normal. Maybe Malibu is anxious to put 2020 in the rearview mirror? 

Could be a brilliant play if numbers are down. Good way to justify price hike on their most popular model and make it seem like it’s what everyone wanted. Plus, get to sell a filler cushion to appease the non walk through crowd. 

53 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Could be a brilliant play if numbers are down. Good way to justify price hike on their most popular model and make it seem like it’s what everyone wanted. Plus, get to sell a filler cushion to appease the non walk through crowd. 

I'm sure it will be a $2000 filler cushion. 🤪

my dream would be a 25 MXZ but it’s a dream!

i would imagine the 22/24 MXZ get a update. 

my 16 23 LSV will get traded in for a new 24 for sure. 6 months on warranty left. Time for a new boat. 

78D557E1-E0F6-4A18-A62C-636E1D724608.jpeg

@IXFE and @ahopkinsVTX, I have heard similar rumors on the redesign and walk-over on the 23 LSV.  Doesn't make sense to refresh a 3 year old mold, but the 25 LSV was redesigned quickly.  They may be doing it to keep the most popular boat fresh and trick those thinking they had one more year.  I suspect the walk-over will be like the new 23 MXZ, where it isn't as deep as the 22/24 MXZ. 

ahopkins22LSV
3 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

@IXFE and @ahopkinsVTX, I have heard similar rumors on the redesign and walk-over on the 23 LSV.  Doesn't make sense to refresh a 3 year old mold, but the 25 LSV was redesigned quickly.  They may be doing it to keep the most popular boat fresh and trick those thinking they had one more year.  I suspect the walk-over will be like the new 23 MXZ, where it isn't as deep as the 22/24 MXZ. 

I wouldn't be terribly shocked if they re-do the 23 LSV already, sooner or later some boats are going to be re-done sooner than 4-5 years if they are doing 4 boats a year. I would just be surprised that you could place an order for 2021 model year already. I do agree with you that if they add it, it will probably be shallow like the 23 MXZ. I like that design much, much better.

I also heard the 23 LSV is getting a walk-thru ... BUT, it could just be a redesigned tri-fold engine door.  That wouldn't require a top mold change.  More of a walk-over than a "thru". but not that 2018 crap.

16 hours ago, sbaird4000 said:

I was able to place an order for a 2021 23 lsv......

Your first post is this.. nice...

What made you change from a Nautique to a Malibu?  What information are you able to share?

Edited by bcoppess23
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, sbaird4000 said:

I know I know, very lack luster first post. I've been following this thread since it started and have been doing all I can to stay silent but yesterday my excitement got the best of me. I wish I could divulge all the specifics but out of respect for my dealer, I'm going to have to keep my mouth shut for now (perhaps your dealer could provide you a bit more insight). I will say however, that the improvements made to the 2021 are part of the reason I chose to leave Nautique. One specific change that was made was all it took to close my wife on the idea of making the switch. I've had my 230 for 3 years now and absolutely love it. The reason for the swap to Malibu is that Nautique doesn't currently have a boat that interests me. Well...I'd love a G23 but don't like the price tag that comes along with it. My buddy currently has a 2017 23 LSV and has been quite happy with it. The thing that I like about it the most is the simplicity of setting up the surf wave. His LSV doesn't seem to be affected much by weight distribution and has little to no prop wash on the top of the wave. My experience on his boat is that the LSV surf wave is easily replicated each and every time regardless of where people are sitting, fuel level, etc. I'm not sure if that is the case with the current LSV's  given that the hull was updated post 2017 but my dealer tells me that it has only gotten better.  I was also looking for a few tech upgrades as well and the Malibu checked all those boxes. I'm excited to take delivery of the Malibu and can only hope that it treats me as well as my Nautique has. 

Welcome aboard!  Looking forward to more details!  :cheers:

43 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

@sbaird4000 What did your wife not like about the Nautique?

My wife actually loves our 230 and can't say enough good about our Nautique dealer (Long Lake Marina in Naples Maine). The only thing she would change about our 230, is she wishes it had GPS cruise. We were going to have the GPS cruise installed this year until the Malibu dealer reached out to us and made us an offer we couldn't refuse. 

47 minutes ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Welcome aboard!  Looking forward to more details!  :cheers:

Thanks. I'll post a few photos as soon as it arrives. I'm not going to give an exact date but I should have enough warm weather left to surf behind it this season. 

Edited by sbaird4000
6 minutes ago, sbaird4000 said:

My wife actually loves our 230 and can't say enough good about our Nautique dealer (Long Lake Marina in Naples Maine). The only thing she would change about our 230, is she wishes it had GPS cruise. We were going to have the GPS cruise installed this year until the Malibu dealer reached out to us and made us an offer we couldn't refuse. 

Long Lake Marina is where we bought our first Malibu.  Haven't looked back. Last year the guys at EastCoast and Naples Marine were outstanding for us when we got our 25, even met us at the dock when a pump died on labor day. 

Which lake are you on?

2 hours ago, sbaird4000 said:

I know I know, very lack luster first post. I've been following this thread since it started and have been doing all I can to stay silent but yesterday my excitement got the best of me. I wish I could divulge all the specifics but out of respect for my dealer, I'm going to have to keep my mouth shut for now (perhaps your dealer could provide you a bit more insight). I will say however, that the improvements made to the 2021 are part of the reason I chose to leave Nautique. One specific change that was made was all it took to close my wife on the idea of making the switch. I've had my 230 for 3 years now and absolutely love it. The reason for the swap to Malibu is that Nautique doesn't currently have a boat that interests me. Well...I'd love a G23 but don't like the price tag that comes along with it. My buddy currently has a 2017 23 LSV and has been quite happy with it. The thing that I like about it the most is the simplicity of setting up the surf wave. His LSV doesn't seem to be affected much by weight distribution and has little to no prop wash on the top of the wave. My experience on his boat is that the LSV surf wave is easily replicated each and every time regardless of where people are sitting, fuel level, etc. I'm not sure if that is the case with the current LSV's  given that the hull was updated post 2017 but my dealer tells me that it has only gotten better.  I was also looking for a few tech upgrades as well and the Malibu checked all those boxes. I'm excited to take delivery of the Malibu and can only hope that it treats me as well as my Nautique has. 

Welcome! Can't wait to see pics!

45 minutes ago, asnowman said:

Long Lake Marina is where we bought our first Malibu.  Haven't looked back. Last year the guys at EastCoast and Naples Marine were outstanding for us when we got our 25, even met us at the dock when a pump died on labor day. 

Which lake are you on?

We are in the Belgrade Lakes Region, Messalonskee Lake to be exact. I'm glad that you brought up Eastcoast. They are the dealer I have been working with and though I hear good things about them, I'm a bit nervous to make the switch after having received such a top notch experience from Long Lake Marina.

1 hour ago, sbaird4000 said:

My joke didn’t go over - I thought since one change made the wife want to switch we would get insight to what Malibu is doing new by divulging what she didn’t like before.  But GPS cruise isn’t it.  Oh well.  

28 minutes ago, sbaird4000 said:

We are in the Belgrade Lakes Region, Messalonskee Lake to be exact. I'm glad that you brought up Eastcoast. They are the dealer I have been working with and though I hear good things about them, I'm a bit nervous to make the switch after having received such a top notch experience from Long Lake Marina.

I don't get up there near often enough, spent many days on Messalonskee when i was in college. We are on Sebago, so if your down that way, give a shout.