Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

It is about that time of the year when the forum starts with their new predictions on new models and changes that are coming.  I will start:

• Desire: Walk over expanded through more models
  • New models predictions, 22 MXZ, 24 MXZ

Edited by bcoppess23
ahopkins22LSV

I’m curious to see if the change the txi. 2021 will be the 4th year so might be another year but it might be good timing if they are ready with the release of the Nautique a year or so ago. I’d think they’d want to beat master craft to the punch for their answer. 

While the current TXi has grown on me a little from certain angles, it still reminds me of a shovelnose sturgeon.  Sure would be awesome if they'd go back to a point at the bow.

P1020295_zps73c0a3fe.jpg?itok=Acng4TFo

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 2

+1 on a TXI update.  Appears to me the SN19 & MS PS are getting more love from the non mfg ski forums, or more specifically the TXI is not getting much attention.  Gleaning the posts, reducing interior noise, ski rope snags, engine bay inlet air and overall reliability appear areas of concern from various posters.  

Of course, that black LXR (in the LXR thread) seems to have hit the emotional 'yes' button.

4 hours ago, wdr said:

Integrated surf gate put on the larger models. I like the walk over thought as well. It’s not like anyone is buying the MXZs just for the walk over alone.

Honestly, the walk over was one of the major decisions that my wife and I would consider the MXZ.  We have always been a fan of the traditional bow. 

How much of an impact do you think COVID will have on potential releases of new items?  I know they typically have to have ideas submitted early in the calendar year.

13 minutes ago, bcoppess23 said:

Honestly, the walk over was one of the major decisions that my wife and I would consider the MXZ.  We have always been a fan of the traditional bow. 

How much of an impact do you think COVID will have on potential releases of new items?  I know they typically have to have ideas submitted early in the calendar year.

If they are back to business as usual, 22 boats a day I wouldn't think that it would affect any new releases unless they have off site supplier shortages.

On the walk over topic, I wish they would at least bring back the option for the hard walkover on the 23LSV.  We had that on our last 23 and loved it. You still got a full sundeck with the option to walk on hard fiberglass (covered in gatorstep.)  I always thought that was the happy "middle ground".

• Like 2
On 5/17/2020 at 3:06 PM, wdr said:

Loved my hard walk over on my ‘10 as well. It would of been a must have on my ‘19 if it was available as an option. 

Photo of the old hard walkover that is no longer an option :-/  I agree... we would have certainly checked that box on our 2019 if it was an option.

walk.JPG

12 hours ago, gregtay said:

Photo of the old hard walkover that is no longer an option :-/  I agree... we would have certainly checked that box on our 2019 if it was an option.

walk.JPG

You guys liked that?  I always thought it defeated the purpose of a sunpad.  That's everyone's favorite spot to lay on the boat.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, UWSkier said:

You guys liked that?  I always thought it defeated the purpose of a sunpad.  That's everyone's favorite spot to lay on the boat.

Yep... loved it.  When we were buying the boat (it was a dealer stock boat) we didn't want that feature for the reasons you mentioned, but after 11 years of owning that boat we really loved it.  You could lay out (just put a towel over the walkover... it had gaterstep on it so it wasn't that hard) and you still had something hard to walk over. Seemed like a good middle ground vs. the deep cut out walkover on the MXZs.

• Like 1
On 5/17/2020 at 4:01 PM, wdr said:

If they are back to business as usual, 22 boats a day I wouldn't think that it would affect any new releases unless they have off site supplier shortages.

I dont think they are back to full normal yet. Parts coming from China may still be an issue.

2 minutes ago, COOP said:

I dont think they are back to full normal yet. Parts coming from China may still be an issue.

And what state are the GM engines coming from?  The auto industry, in Michigan at least, isn't back up and going yet to my understanding.  That will have to eventually catch up to them.

ahopkins22LSV
27 minutes ago, Hemmy said:

And what state are the GM engines coming from?  The auto industry, in Michigan at least, isn't back up and going yet to my understanding.  That will have to eventually catch up to them.

They are, restarted this Monday. Plus, Malibu has quite a bank of engines from what I was told when I was there in March.

16 hours ago, gregtay said:

walk.JPG

Ahhh, Lake Chelan!

• Like 2

The walkthrough was one of the major reasons we went MXZ.  My famliy doesn't really use the sunpad anyway. If ppl want to lay out they go to the bow.

Edited by Chappy