Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Low oil pressure warning

Hey Guys, I had a quick question before I went and started pulling things apart. I took my boat out today (2011 VLX 21) everything was running great. All of a sudden my power dropped down to 3000 rpms and the boat wouldnt let me go any faster than 18 mph and the low oil pressure warning came on. As soon as I restarted the boat it was fine. It happened again about 10 or 15 min later. ....Again as soon as I restarted the boat it ran fine. My first thought is the oil pressure sensor. If it was the pump I figured the problem wouldn't stop. I just wanted to get some more opinions. Thanks guys!

Had the same issue on my 2010 years back. It went to 14 psi at idle then 0 then up to 35 psi then shoot up to normal at @ 65 psi then nothing. Swapped out the OPS switch and it was still running like a champ when I sold it in 2018. Sourced it from Auto Zone. New one on top. 350 Monsoon IMG_0211.thumb.JPG.c33c9881f99ab7859d3c8e2b60b07469.JPG

Edited by wdr
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply! I've never bought a part from auto zone for a boat. Do they have them listed in their computer for indmar or Malibu? Or can they cross reference? Just curious how you went about it. Indmar Monsoon 350..thanks again!

The guy went dumpster diving from the shelves with the old one. Nearly an exact match right down to the casting lines on the plastic head. The new gauge read exactly in the same range as the old one. It was weird how it went out on me. No sign of trouble at all. I just changed the oil and was putting out of the marina and it went out on me.