Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat won’t start

I am having very bad day now can’t even sleep till 3 am because of this issue. 

I have malibu wake setter 23 lsv. It had hiccup issue when i was using 3000 rpm or higher. Alot of ppl from this forum says it is injector issue so i took those out and cleaned it. 2 of injectors seemed not right so i cleaned it and put those back on. 
Since it was fairly easy task, I assumed I got my job done. I took it to the river for testing. I couldn’t start the boat. It cranked a bit but never succeed running. (It was starting without any issue until yesterday)

so i called the technician, said its engine is seized. Fuel from the injectors got into the engine and mixed with oil. it melted oil because i tried to start it couple of times, it is seized. I don’t know what to do. Tech guy said the engine needs to be replaced. Is this only option i can go? 
Checked oil stick, it is over flow and smells strong gas smell. And viscosity is very thin now. 

plz advise me what i can do. 

thank you in advance. 

Edited by Jperro79

if it were mine i'd drain the oil pan and refill w fresh oil.

next remove the spark plugs and see if the starter will spin the engine.

i can't buy into the idea that the starter (only), on one fresh battery, could spin that mill enough to get it to melt bearings or rings.

Please clarify 

“you mentioned that it cranked a bit but never succeeded running”

This leads me to believe the engine is turning over but not firing?  

if the engine is seized it would not turn over when you try to start it

I would follow tvano suggestions and then post what you find.

Edited by Bozboat
14 minutes ago, tvano said:

if it were mine i'd drain the oil pan and refill w fresh oil.

next remove the spark plugs and see if the starter will spin the engine.

i can't buy into the idea that the starter (only), on one fresh battery, could spin that mill enough to get it to melt bearings or ring.

make sure the kill switch has not had the safety clip come off without being noticed. That one has frustrated me before.

1 hour ago, Bozboat said:

Please clarify 

“you mentioned that it cranked a bit but never succeeded running”

This leads me to believe the engine is turning over but not firing?  

if the engine is seized it would not turn over when you try to start it

I would follow tvano suggestions and then post what you find.

Yes it was turning little bit but not firing at all after injectors cleaning. So my technician said because it was turning, it is seized. 
i will definitely follow travo’s suggestions on the weekend. I will post it how it goes. 

thx

3 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

A seized motor by definition cannot turn over - maybe time for a 2nd opinion form a reputable mechanic?

Now it is not turning by starter. Mechanic is going to try turning manually but he says in order to do that, he needs to remove exhaust system first. 

14 minutes ago, Rednucleus said:

A seized motor by definition cannot turn over - maybe time for a 2nd opinion form a reputable mechanic?

+1 on this

4 hours ago, Jperro79 said:

Now it is not turning by starter. Mechanic is going to try turning manually but he says in order to do that, he needs to remove exhaust system first. 

time to find a new mechanic