Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil Recommendation

I tried searching but I must suck at it, because I can't find anything.  I am sure this has been covered before.

Anyways what oil do you guys recommend for a Challenger CES 6.0L HO monsoon 450.

Thanks!

Edited by 0100

Nothing wrong with those oils.  But it really doesn’t matter what brand you use as long as you change it regularly. 

most of us get the cheap stuff at Walmart like Mobil, Valvoline or Shell

ahopkins22LSV
13 minutes ago, SkiPablo said:

Nothing wrong with those oils.  But it really doesn’t matter what brand you use as long as you change it regularly. 

most of us get the cheap stuff at Walmart like Mobil, Valvoline or Shell

:plus1:

I used this and can normally find it cheap on amazon. 

Delo 400 SDE SAE 15W-40 Motor Oil - 1 Gallon Jug https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZWD73M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_MVNVEb10TBYV8

• Like 1

I use amsoil 15w40 starting 2 years ago. We barefoot full throttle for 10 minute runs sometimes.

The previous owner used Pennzoil conventional 15w40.

I use what’s on sale at NAPA. My local store always has a special for a filter and 5q for under $20. At those prices, I change about every 35-40 hours. 

EDIT: as far as weight, per PCM guidance, I have run both the “stock” 15w40 and the “heavy load” 40w. I don’t really notice any difference in engine operation or fuel burn between the two. 

BUT... I also just found this (haven’t ever tried a lighter weight oil):

B4401CEC-40E5-4B62-9CE4-88115BAB125A.png

Edited by shawndoggy