Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Monsoon hose kink

Hopefully you can see this from the picture but the hose going to the exhaust manifold has two kinks in it. The one in the center is by far the worst. Was this supposed to be a custom formed hose or is it possible that the hose is slightly too long forcing it to kink up?  I’m guessing this is not a good thing although I don’t know if this is the limiting factor of water flow in the system. The other side has a slight kink but not as bad.

What should I do to fix?  

A1DF2731-C161-433A-99E0-359FA2CD4E30.jpeg

42 minutes ago, dalt1 said:

Shorten it till it is not kinked.

You almost answered that yourself.

Right. The first part of the question was whether or not there is a preformed hose that is supposed to go there. I don’t know anything about engine hoses And where or how often they use preformed.

Some are preformed but that one doesn’t appear to be.  I’d shorten it and be done.  Replace if it looks bad after.  

• Like 2
formulaben

Hat tip to @MFASKI for this post (promptly saved to my boat folder) and reformatted below:

Cooling Hoses

Water Hoses for Indmar/Malibu Engines With Cast Iron Manifolds        
Qty     P/N                             Description
1          811102D                   Hose Formed Trans Cooler to Thermostat Housing
1          811101D                   Hose Formed RWP to Trans Cooler
1          845040                      Hose Formed Thermo Housing to Circ Pump
2          845004-130              Hose Thermostat Housing to Exhaust Manifold
1          816058                      Hose Exhaust Manifold Drain
2          605012                      Fitting Nylon 1" x 3/4 NPT Exhaust Manifold Front
2          605021                      Fitting Nylon 5/8" x 5/8 NPT Exhaust Manifold Rear
1          845005-570              Hose 1 1/4" Wire Reinforced V-drive to RWP

The above parts may be sourced from www.inboardonline.com. 

If the hoses are not listed on their website, call them at 877-327-7175.

• Like 3
On 5/15/2020 at 8:25 AM, tvano said:

i think i'd shorten the hose then spin the hose a bit so that the same kinks are not going to be pre-built in the same places.

This is what I tried to do but the couldn't get the kink to stay out.  After the 2nd time of trying to shorten the hose, it was now too short.  I gave up and bought a new piece of straight hose to install today.