Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1995 Response steering helm replacement

Here is the replacement that I did for the original helm on my 1995 Response. The old one was very sloppy and the boat would jerk when I turned the wheel at speed. We go fast for barefooting, so it would jerk pretty hard and be hard to countersteer. 

I got these 2 parts and it was a straighforward replacement. I did have to drill new holes for the new mounting plate. Pretty simple to drill (3) 3/8" holes in the fiberglass dash.

(1) Uflex X52 tilt assembly

(1) Uflex T81FC Single Cable Rotary Tilt Helm

How do I post pictures (without a URL)???

Weird. Every other forum that I'm a part of makes it much easier. I'm just trying to help people out but this is a PITA.

19 minutes ago, scotcher3 said:

Weird. Every other forum that I'm a part of makes it much easier. I'm just trying to help people out but this is a PITA.

As long as you have a membership here, posting is easy. I cannot speak to the deal on this forum becuase I am not part of the execs.

ahopkinsVTX
3 hours ago, scotcher3 said:

3 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

As long as you have a membership here, posting is easy. I cannot speak to the deal on this forum becuase I am not part of the execs.

We don’t have any advertising nor do we have anyone backing the forums. The site is run by volunteers and the supporting membership. Memberships are 25 or 50 a year. You get direct upload access from your phone, tablet or laptop. You also unlock multiple discount codes to many online stores. Even if you just order moderate amount of stuff each year you can easily make back the membership fee or even save more. 

Here is a longer description of why we do it this way and the benefits:

https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/supporttmc.html/

Ok, that makes some sense. Having this info buried under a goofy link called 'Buy us some gas' is dumb. Whoever made that decision is a bonehead, just fyi to help...

ahopkinsVTX

The thought/decision for the saying was to relate it to boating... like how friends bring (or at least should) bring fuel or money for fuel. It is also here: https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/subscriptions/, and here: https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/forums/topic/63314-how-to-post-a-pictureimage/. But thanks for the feedback.