Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Locker storage pockets

H20 Hound

Anyone know where I can find replacements for the rope storage pockets located in the stern locker doors? Mine are tearing away at the attachment point. Anything similar or any suggestions appreciated! 

49894715766_db70321cd5_m.jpg

my daughter pulled my compartment down using that storage pocket and ripped it off.  Went to the dealer and they wanted $70 for it.  I got robbed and folded over.  I should have made something like @wdr

if you are just using this for ropes, etc you could just use this idea:  https://www.boatoutfitters.com/custom-net-storage-area

Edited by hawaiianstyln

It was a temp fix at best because there is not a lot of material there to work with. I suppose one could just use washers to accomplish the same thing. I didn't have any aluminum washers or any the correct size so I used some scrap to make the plates to conform the most area possible in that space. They looked good and there was no chance of rust to worry about either. Mine were boxes broken when new, overtightened I imagine and I only ever had gloves and a single ski rope in one side. The other side I just took off until I sold her.

13 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

ropes go in the pizza tray

HAA!  I guess it is a "warming tray" isn't it.

19 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

I took mine off and sold them right after I bought the boat - ropes go in the pizza tray on our boat.  Maybe you can find someone else who doesn't want them on there.

I through mine away.... oops lol