Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Asshat cover? For stern and swim platform

moski

Anybody have this cover?   Work like it should? 
Looks good.  In FAQ part of website, says you can attach over boy cover or under boat cover.   I would think put it on first and then put boat cover over it. So rain slides right off and not get trapped.  
thinking if you put on boat cover first and then this on, if it rains then water will go down between both covers.  

https://www.asshatcovers.com

im getting Gatorstep to put on swim platform.  They advertise this asshat cover.   Curious of anyone else has this. 

1 minute ago, moski said:

That’s what I thought. Damn $$$. Thanks will check out bakes and evolutions. 

The name of the company should have been your first hint.

So I also have an Evolution Cover for my swim platform.... its very nice with high quality materials and a perfectly snug fit. I am even able to trailer with it installed. I have had mine since Spring 2018, think I paid around $125 as well and sent them a custom template since at that time they did not have one for my swim platform. (was easy....basically a piece of thin plastic that i taped onto the platform and traced the outside edges and provided an overall thickness of the platform)

The difference I see between the Evolution swim platform cover and the "asshat"....is the asshat is designed to be used on a lift and not only covers the swim platform, but also covers all the gelcoat at the transom up too around the middle of the sundeck. Looking at their pics, seems like its mostly for people who have a lift and some kind of canopy....and this helps supplement a normal factory cover to keep UV rays off the back area of the boat. Regardless, it seems expensive for what it is.

There is a benefit to a** cover as it is in a slope that would defer ducks from nesting. Or just place a fake alligator on evolution cover🤣

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one last November for around $350 or so. The Asshat cover works for me because I have the boat on a lift, but stern sticks out farther than the roof line of floating dock. So far it seems to be doing the job, but I will say that Asshat's customer service imo is ok at best. Also, there are no real instructions on recommended ways to attached, etc. I ended up just rigging it the best I knew how which so far has which fairly well. 

I put mine over factory cover too. I don't think it would work as well well or cover the gelcoat portion like it should if you put it on first.