Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 23LSV 555Hp supercharger coolant reservoir always low

My boat is having some issues one of them being the coolant reservoir of the supercharger ( 555hp LSA) seems to be constantly dropping, and I can not seem to find any visual leaks. the boat will occasionally throw a code stating supercharger parameters out of range and slow the boat down but as soon as you put the boat into neutral it seems to reset, all other gauge temps seem to be just fine! has anyone had this issues at all ?

I don't know any particulars about superchargers except that they are displacement pumps.  I don't think I realized that they were separately cooled, and not just part of the engine cooling system.  What does it use for coolant?  Can you show a photo of the reservoir, etc?

My guess is that you have a bad seal (maybe at the end of the meshed pump gears) and the coolant is getting consumed by the engine.

If the heat exchanger for the supercharger intercooler is blocked, or if the electric circulation pump is not working, the coolant may be getting hot enough to be expelled from the coolant recovery reservoir.  If there is a leak in the system, a pressure tester can help you find it or you will also probably find some coolant in the bilge.

If the heat exchanger is damaged, the coolant may be escaping into the sea water cooling system and out the exhaust.  A pressure tester will help find that too.