Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Service interval

Maybe no one saw my question in the general section..I’ll try again here.  We are at 40 hours.  Had first service at 10.  Our boat has some things that need to be fixed so I plan to take it Tuesday.  Get the next service done? Or wait until the correct interval.  

formulaben

Can't speak about this specifically since I have an ancient boat, but I would suggest that if it is under warranty I'd go with what Malibu (mx schedule) wants you to do, and err on the conservative as far as you're able to.  IMHO preventive maintenance is cheap in the end, especially with a newer boat.

16 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

What is on the plan for the next service?

I am not sure.  Whatever the dealer tells me they are doing?  I guess I can look it.  Obviously an oil change;).  Probably some other stuff.

16 minutes ago, formulaben said:

Can't speak about this specifically since I have an ancient boat, but I would suggest that if it is under warranty I'd go with what Malibu (mx schedule) wants you to do, and err on the conservative as far as you're able to.  IMHO preventive maintenance is cheap in the end, especially with a newer boat.

It is three months only and 40 hours so totally under warranty.  I won’t go past the schedule which is either at 50 or 60.  I’m thinking I’ll just do it. I don’t really want to drag it back two weeks after it comes back.

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, Learn2surf said:

I am not sure.  Whatever the dealer tells me they are doing?  I guess I can look it.  Obviously an oil change;).  Probably some other stuff.

The service schedule is in the manual and you should be able to access it through the 7” screen on the boat, if it’s a newer boat. You can find the manual for your boat here:

https://www.themalibucrew.com/index.php?/malibu_specs.html/