Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best Surf Board for someone heavy, 220+ lbs.

408RealEstate

On 5/10/2020 at 9:51 PM, 408RealEstate said:

What surfboard should I get for someone 220+ lbs? Any advise other than loose some weight?

I really like my Inland Surfer Red Rocket and I’m a bigger guy, but my son in-law also prefers to ride it and he’s under 200 lbs. It’s a fun board to ride and not a barn door like other “big boys” boards.

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

Victoria Captain.  or go custom with a chaos or soulcraft.

I am 230 and love this board. I run one center 1" fin. I hated it with the two outside fins. I also have a 19 yo that loves the board. He might be 160-170

2 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

I am 230 and love this board. I run one center 1" fin. I hated it with the two outside fins. I also have a 19 yo that loves the board. He might be 160-170

put him on a medium factor pcx and watch the smile on his face!

On 5/14/2020 at 4:29 PM, Idaorr said:

I really like my Inland Surfer Red Rocket and I’m a bigger guy, but my son in-law also prefers to ride it and he’s under 200 lbs. It’s a fun board to ride and not a barn door like other “big boys” boards.

Im about 250 and this is what I have had the best luck on, riding as a twin right now but have the extra fins gonna try today.

I just bought from Doomswell for my daughter and they gave excellent customer service.  Give them a call and they will let you know if there is something that fits your needs.