Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This happened to anyone?

Punchie

2016, 22 VLX Wakesetter.  Interesting "incident yesterday".  Was pulling the kiddos on a tube and took a noticeably hard wave.  Wasn't going very fast but was defiantly hard.  Little while later as we were stopped, I noticed the center foldable window was actually lodged behind the cockpit permanent window, by an inch or so.  Played around with it as was able to push on port fixed window , get it back over.  But now the center window appears to be about 3/4 short of resting properly on cockpit window ledge.  It sits there "Ok" now, so I didn't wanna mess with it more.  It definitely has been moved "out of whack" as they say...All other things on boat appear fine.  Has anyone had the window adjusted after they bought them.  Unfortunately, Window corner did rip a small hole in vinyl on the pass thru area.  

A brief search and I cannot find the thread.  Someone smarter than me will remember the key words.  Short answer is that it has happened to a bunch of people.  Too much flex in the hull, and it dropped through.  I think a lot of guys shattered the glass when it happened, so you are lucky.  

Yup.  Your hull flexed out. Happens the opposite on boat lifts or trailers where it will squeeze.  I had to adjust my wind shield due to squeeze 

Have you checked to make sure the windshield is firmly attached to the boat?  I recently discovered the  passenger side of the windshield was improperly installed. It only had on screw on the forward facing portion of the windshield and it was loose. Holes in the fiberglass had never been drilled in the other locations. 

Spoke with the dealer service yesterday.  Although he hasn't seen it before, he said with enough torque and flex, he could understand it.   Said they could adjust it next time its in for service.  

20 minutes ago, Punchie said:

Spoke with the dealer service yesterday.  Although he hasn't seen it before, he said with enough torque and flex, he could understand it.   Said they could adjust it next time its in for service.  

Have him check it for the U-Bar shims and make sure they are installed.

• 2 weeks later...

yes  happened to us in lake powell in the channel

one good wave and it went under the windshield. had to take it to the dealer to fix it.  they covered it under warranty