Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Feedback

pawter1970

Hi Crew, 

looking at perhaps 2 options for a boat and looking for a friend.

1- Anyone has feedback on the surf wake for 2012 Wakesetter 22MXZ using a suction gate? if so what's the set up for extra ballast and quick general review of the boat.

2- Anyone has feedback on 2013 LSV with 409 HP? Heard a few comments about lacking power when surfing with a larger crew and need more bow weight.

Thank you.

Edited by pawter1970

If surfing is the goal it seems the 2013 with Surfgate would be the way to go rather than a 2012 and having to use a suck gate.

I don’t have experience with the MXZ, but I did have a 2013 LSV with the 350 for 5 years. I used it mainly for surfing on lakes between 4,500’ and 6,000’ elevation. With the right prop and bow weight we could surf at 11 mph, 2 clicks of wedge, and usually had 8-10 people in the boat (2 adults and our kids/friends). It got the job done, but was about maxed out. If your friend lives at a lower elevation and with the 409 it might work good for them. Worth a test drive to see.

So anyone has any pics, videos or feedback of the surf wake of a 22MXZ using suction gate?

Edited by pawter1970