Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spare Gas Tank?

Raleigh

Does anyone keep a small spare gas tank somewhere on their LSV? I always had an extra little 2.5 gallon tank. Enough to get back to the dock JIC on my whaler, but different build with the Bu. Want to be safe. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Raleigh said:

I was thinking of just throwing something like this in the back of the port compartment. https://www.amazon.com/No-Spill-1405-2-1-2-Gallon-Poly/dp/B000W72GBC/ref=zg_bs_15707861_4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HM9H9SVRCS1WD57PS0QD

The flat one onthe page you linked looks like a better choince IMHO.  Be sure to cycle the gas and/or use fuel stabilizer.  I am not sure why Malibu has not yet integrated a fuel flow meter into the  mix yet.

19 hours ago, Eagleboy99 said:

This one looks pretty good for fueling on the water. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XMLLENQ

That one looks redonkulously difficult to use. I have 3ea 5gal units like as posted by @Raleigh. The obama era safety  nozzles work by definition only., and they leak. On mine, I ground off the sawtooth safety feature so I could unscrew it easier. Also when dumping into the boat, at the boat shed, I stand on a step ladder with a modified (bent) funnel. I take off the safety spout and pour directly into the funnel. Can empty a jug in about 30s. Also tried the 14gal caddy, had to plum in a tire valve and pump it with air to push the gas up 6ft to the gas inlet. Sucked. The 5gal jugs are still a PITA, but the best way so far. Dont like going to the marina due to the potential for hull scrapes and such.