Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2000 Lowrance gauges

smooth as glass

Anyone ever repair or find a replacement for the old 2000-2003 Lawrence digital depth finder and hour meter gauges?

My 2000 Sunsetter is showing her age and gauges are fading.

Loooonnnggg gone.  I called Lowrance a couple years agot to try to find/fix my combo air/water/clock/voltmeter LDT-3000.  Extinct.  Get Faria - lifetime warranty.

Hey thx for response. What about replacing. Those gauges have to be connected to ECM and alarms. When installing new, you just can't cut the old out can you ?

Depth finder is not wired to MDC or ECM it just powered from under the dash and the depth alarm is from the gauge it’s self.  As far as your hour meter idk what your setup looks like.   On my 2000 wakesetter that was build into my tach which ran from the under dashboard garbage mdc black box.  

Edited by RedWakesetterVLX
Spelling
  • Thanks 1
On 5/5/2020 at 3:47 PM, smooth as glass said:

Anyone ever repair or find a replacement for the old 2000-2003 Lawrence digital depth finder and hour meter gauges?

My 2000 Sunsetter is showing her age and gauges are fading.

By fading, do you mean that they don't have enough contrast any more?  Are both gauges roughly the same?

Contrast on an LCD is set by a bias voltage, and they may need a little more voltage due to age in the liquid crystals.  It might be possible to open them up and fix that with a different resistor.

I had to fix my depth finder display nearly 17 years after it was built due to a small hair in the conductive paint under the Mode button.  The hair had worked its way out of the paint enough for the Mode button to stay activated, resulting in a useless display and a lot of incessant beeping.  Once I discovered the hair and pulled it out, everything is great.

• Like 1