Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu/Axis recall MY2016

Ronnie

Malibu has issued a Recall for MY2016 Malibu & Axis boats.

If your boat looks ok, contact your dealer to let them know along with a picture. If not schedule an appointment immediately to get it done.

Service Bulletin - Recall -Circuit Breaker Location (dragged).jpg

Service Bulletin - Recall -Circuit Breaker Location (dragged) 2.jpg

Service Bulletin - Recall -Circuit Breaker Location (dragged) 3.jpg

• Like 4

Malibu asked to add this to the Recall notice. This one sounds serious.

If your boat looks ok, contact your dealer to let them know along with a picture. If not schedule an appointment immediately to get it done.

• Like 2

Okay, I just went and looked and don’t think Malibu has handled this one too well.  

I got an email from Malibu in October 2019 stating they could not get a hold of me via registered mail, even though my address hasn’t changed in years, to notify me of this recall.  

The recall letter they attached to the email was dated August 2018.  So, they waited over a year to email me?  For an issue that was stated as “do not use” until corrected?  Oh, and by the time I got the email the boat was already sold.  And the new Owner had paid to transfer both the Malibu and Indmar warranty, but they were still contacting me?  

Fortunately my dealer was all over it and had inspected my boat before and it was fine.    

That make sense.  I was still shocked by the timing on my notices and that it still went to me after paying the not insignificant warranty transfer fee to Malibu for the new owner.  BTW, I replied to  the email since it was from an actual rep vs auto generated and never got any kind of response.   I am not trying to bash Malibu as we all know they have and will continue to get plenty of my money, but I don’t mind trying to hold them accountable to a few higher and reasonable  standards.  

12 hours ago, hethj7 said:

That make sense.  I was still shocked by the timing on my notices and that it still went to me after paying the not insignificant warranty transfer fee to Malibu for the new owner.  BTW, I replied to  the email since it was from an actual rep vs auto generated and never got any kind of response.   I am not trying to bash Malibu as we all know they have and will continue to get plenty of my money, but I don’t mind trying to hold them accountable to a few higher and reasonable  standards.  

When did you transfer the warranty? The notice could have went to the original owner if it hasn't been transferred when the recall went out.

I can’t find the damn thing! This thing is mounted, but that doesn’t match the pic of what I’m looking for. Waiting on Malibu to call me back...

CC489189-0057-492B-B21D-D4DFB323B506.jpeg

2 hours ago, LS1boarder said:

I can’t find the damn thing! This thing is mounted, but that doesn’t match the pic of what I’m looking for. Waiting on Malibu to call me back...

CC489189-0057-492B-B21D-D4DFB323B506.jpeg

You're looking for a circuit breaker like in pic "C". It may or may not be mounted to close to the motor. Some of them were zip tied in place. 

• 1 year later...

I have the 2013 A20. I’m the second owner and back then the warranty did Not transfer to new ownership. Purchase the unit with 30hours on the display and have ran the boat every season with over 300 hours on it now. I have never had any issues until this year. The issue started in the cruise control mode while surfing. The engine would shut down with out any notice and no alarms. After coming to complete stop the engine would restart and run for a while, then do the same thing again. The boat would run in normal mode with no issues until the past week the issue started in normal mode. Rough water was present at the time of engine shut down issues. I’m asking if this recall issue could be same for my boat? And what to do to fix the issue?

Edited by Slave2wave
1 hour ago, Slave2wave said:

I’m asking if this recall issue could be same for my boat? And what to do to fix the issue?

This USCG Recall should have nothing to do with your running issue.

I would recommend checking for loose connections at the battery, engine, key switch, and safety kill switch.  Also check the fuel pressure.

22 hours ago, Slave2wave said:

I have the 2013 A20. I’m the second owner and back then the warranty did Not transfer to new ownership. Purchase the unit with 30hours on the display and have ran the boat every season with over 300 hours on it now. I have never had any issues until this year. The issue started in the cruise control mode while surfing. The engine would shut down with out any notice and no alarms. After coming to complete stop the engine would restart and run for a while, then do the same thing again. The boat would run in normal mode with no issues until the past week the issue started in normal mode. Rough water was present at the time of engine shut down issues. I’m asking if this recall issue could be same for my boat? And what to do to fix the issue?

You really should make your own thread on this.