Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Props for 2018 lsv

Props are discussed offer but I am looking for someone with a identical set up, or close, running a different prop.

2018 23 lsv  410 raptor.

80 feet elevation (so basically zero) 

stock ballast.  Bow, center, rear

+plug and play 540s.

150 lbs lead in bow 

100 lbs left side ski locker against back seat wall

currently running a Acme 2249.  They called it the high altitude prop.  

I have no issues with this prop ( except higher rpm than desired rpm NOISE)

I can put 7 people plus full ballast, wedge and no issues.  It’s a champ.

i can run full ballast wedge down all the way at 23mph, no problem except it’s screaming rpms.  I don't really wakeboard anymore 23mph just surf 11mph and I don’t see myself using full ballast at 23mph anyway it’s just to crazy.

so all that said I want to get the rpms down.  Of course bigger diameter is the solution but can’t do it on this boat.  The next option is the 2247.  Equal to the 2249 in all but cup.  Cup will act similar to increasing diameter.

anybody running a 2247 with similar set up?

Had a long educational talk with Acme and they say best thing is apple to apple comparison.

fyi.  300rpm change is a big noise difference

I ran a fairly identical setup in my 2018 23 LSV using the 2277 at 150' elevation and that was the right prop for me. It was 300-350 rpms lower than the 2249, which I also ran for trips to higher elevations. I ran the 2249 once at sea level and swapped back to the 2277 that evening. Never tried the 2247 but don't think I would've liked it as much as the 2277.

See I wanted to try the 2277 but Acme was saying it probably would be near dogging with full ballast.  And others have commented that surf rpms 2277 vs 2249 was the same because it’s probably slipping and had some vibration which indicates slipping.  But they say higher speed it is lower rpm.  Does this sound like your situation?

My experience was the 300-350 lower RPMs at surf speeds, and a huge decrease in noise levels, but never had any issues with slipping. Couple other guys I know in this area ran the same boat and prop combo with no issues either.

With the pitch difference between those two props, any similarities between surf RPMs would have to be due to individual boat setups and balancing issues. Same boat, same setup there’s a huge difference.

44 minutes ago, NWBU said:

My experience was the 300-350 lower RPMs at surf speeds, and a huge decrease in noise levels, but never had any issues with slipping. Couple other guys I know in this area ran the same boat and prop combo with no issues either.

With the pitch difference between those two props, any similarities between surf RPMs would have to be due to individual boat setups and balancing issues. Same boat, same setup there’s a huge difference.

Just to further compare.

at surf speed 11 ish you running stock plus 2x540 plug and plays with wedge like 2 clicks ( from ramp) and got some weight in bow?

2018 23 with the 410 and 1:76 ratio.  Was standard.  Being told the 450 is a different situation 

i would hate to buy this 2277 and be stuck

thanks

Come to think of it, I was running 425s for PNPs in 2018 and usually no bow weight, but that doesn't significantly impact the RPM differential. You'd see a relatively similar spread with more weight, as long as the boat remains similarly balanced.

I ran 580s in my 2019 and 300 lbs of bow/walkway lead, and used the same props, 2277 for lower and 2249 for higher elevations, seeing roughly the same rpm differences. Only difference there was the 2019 had the PCM 6.0, which dropped rpms even further.

The trans ratio is the same for the 410 and 450 in 2018s.