Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heated seats


Recommended Posts

Hey guys. Just took delivery on 2019 MXZ. While going through it, found a plug under the seat. Dealer says its for the heated seat, but that was not an option on the boat. A. How easy is it to hook it up and have heated seat. B. how do you do it? Thank you! 

Edited by AlexMatve
Link to comment

pretty sure the seat has to have a heating element inside the seat but the plug may just be the standard seat base to connect to a heated seat.

 

if you dont have the heated seat i would think you cannot just plug it in and it will work.  i could be wrong

 

The heated seat works like a heated seat in a car if that helps

Link to comment

What I’m thinking is the pug is connected to the heating element in the seat and just needs to be hooked up to the computer. 

Link to comment

Probably the opposite... you are looking at the plug from the computer into the seat. But you don’t have a plug from the seat into the plug. That’s where you’d need to install a heated seat element. Never tried on a boat but I have installed seat heaters in my car seats and it isn’t that hard (if a little time consuming.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, AlexMatve said:

Hmm it’s definitely coming from the seat

Stick an ohm meter on the connector and see if a heater is there....

Link to comment
1 hour ago, justgary said:

Stick an ohm meter on the connector and see if a heater is there....

It won't be, I did that. The plug for the missing element was just floating around under my cushion. Need to buy the element.

 

Link to comment

Install the element under vinyl, plug it into plug that was under lower cushion on chair, plug in connector under pedestal to other end that was also there just not plugged in, enable in screen and boom hot seat.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, AlexMatve said:

Hey guys. Just took delivery on 2019 MXZ. While going through it, found a plug under the seat. Dealer says its for the heated seat, but that was not an option on the boat. A. How easy is it to hook it up and have heated seat. B. how do you do it? Thank you! 

Your 19 with the new seat style probably has the element in the back rest also. The lower element will have a piggyback plug to hook the backrest element in. Mine only has the lower as the back rest has a big hole back there.

They sent me a dual element pad first that's how I found The Checkcorp tag.

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

The element is on the seat bottom, not the booster?

I’ve installed this style in a couple of cars and they are great. Half tempted to give it a go on the boat:  https://www.amazon.com/WATERCARBON-HSK150-Deluxe-Automobile-Heated/dp/B001L6HYQK/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=Heated+seat+element+small&qid=1588681560&sr=8-7

is the vinyl just stapled (No hog rings?)?  Any guidance on what kind of staples and stapler to use in the vinyl?

Link to comment
59 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

The element is on the seat bottom, not the booster?

Yep.

52 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I’ve installed this style in a couple of cars and they are great. Half tempted to give it a go on the boat:  https://www.amazon.com/WATERCARBON-HSK150-Deluxe-Automobile-Heated/dp/B001L6HYQK/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=Heated+seat+element+small&qid=1588681560&sr=8-7

is the vinyl just stapled (No hog rings?)?  Any guidance on what kind of staples and stapler to use in the vinyl?

Pry out staples with small screwdriver. Peel back vinyl, place and stick element. Replace vinyl and I used electric stapler with stainless staples that I already had. Checkcorp probably has the elements.

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, dalt1 said:

I did ask about the water vs dry (automotive) compatibility of the elements and they are Marine rated for what that is worth.

that mat in your picture looks pretty much exactly like the chinese cheapies I've used in the cars.  Was there anything visibly "marine" about it?  For $25, I might just be willing to gamble.  In my case it wasn't a factory option to begin with, so I'm not worried at all about being able to interface with the factory wiring harness.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, dalt1 said:

I did ask about the water vs dry (automotive) compatibility of the elements and they are Marine rated for what that is worth.

 

7 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

that mat in your picture looks pretty much exactly like the chinese cheapies I've used in the cars.  Was there anything visibly "marine" about it?  For $25, I might just be willing to gamble.  In my case it wasn't a factory option to begin with, so I'm not worried at all about being able to interface with the factory wiring harness.

This one was actually an upgraded one they just started using. Has felt for the base material instead of foam as the foam would sometimes show through due to thickness.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...