Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Viper II software and Command Screen

Small touchscreen acting up again.     Stereo functions not working.   This is my 2nd one that was replaced on my 2016 LSV 23 under warranty in 2017.   My Viper II software version reads:

MY2016 - v10-2016

V2

1) is this latest update

2).  Any suggestions to fix stereo functions?   I’m assuming it may be beginning of more problems with that. The volume knob does not work with the volume either but does work with wedge and surfgate. 

My small touchscreen started acting up this weekend too!   Mine is on a 2015 Wakesetter 247 LSV.    Just driving along and all of a sudden the screen started to get fuzzy and go gray and finally it went out completely and then the 12" monitor went dark too.    It was after dark and dont have a key for the ignition.   Previous owner had lost track of it.   I turned both batteries to off and restarted.    Drove fine for a while then did the same thing again.    The research I am seeing on these screens is not good, sounds like there are many many with problems.

Saw a post about overvoltage causing the problem.   Hard to believe they wouldnt have a voltage regulator as part of the unit.   

Saw posts about people replacing 4 of these and still having a problem!   At $2500 per screen that's crazy.    

Love to hear others thoughts on this too.    Has Medallion been of any help?   Have we leaned on Malibu??   This is going to give their product (which is outstanding in about every other way) a black eye.   Its a critical part of the boat.

If its easier to talk through some of the solutions and/or troubleshooting please dont hesitate to call.    Really would like to get this fixed before summer.

Peter

713-899-6000

I had my software updated last Sept.  At that time MY2016 v10-2016 V2 was the current software.   

Small screen essentially on top of the computer module.  Could be a connection or computer issue. 

Luckily mine is still working.  Well was last fall.  Still in the garage....  No boating yet here in Oregon.  

• 3 weeks later...

Update.   Mine Viper 2 touchscreen issues turned out to be voltage problem.  Had some corrosion on cables and cleaned everything very very well and charged and ran perfectly 15 hours this weekend.   

• Like 2