Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

02 sensor delete for 2017 23 LSV (Monsoon 410 Raptor 6.2l)

Dear Indmar Dealer:

You will receive two separate service documents from Indmar today that address several common trouble codes and provide troubleshooting steps and procedures to assist and insure proper diagnosis and repairs are done as designed. Please take the time to read through these and share them with your service team as there is valuable information in both documents.

Thank you for your continued support, Team Indmar

SERVICE ADVISORY

Date: August 17, 2018

Advisory: SV2019-2

Subject: 2017 and 2018 Model 360, 400, 440 or 460 Engines Exhibiting Trouble Codes SPN 3256 and/or SPN 3266 FMI 5 or 3050 and/or 3051.

2017 and 2018 Model 360, 400, 440 or 460 engines exhibiting code 3050 or 3051, Bank 1 or 2 “Catalyst Inactive”, or codes 3256 or 3266, EGO 3 or 4 “Open/Lazy” must be checked to ensure that the catalysts installed in the exhaust risers are intact. These issues will not be resolved just by replacing the sensors.

There is a potential that the catalyst substrate could fracture and disintegrate. Due to variances in a vendor manufacturing process some units built in 2016 and 2017 calendar year for model years 2017 and 2018 may be subject to stresses that could affect the integrity of the catalyst. The catalyst may be damaged or missing.

On any units indicated above that are exhibiting either of the listed codes, an inspection of the catalysts must be completed. To inspect the catalysts, simply remove the post catalyst oxygen sensors and shine a flashlight into the exhaust riser. An undamaged catalyst will have an even “honeycomb” appearance. A damaged catalyst may have pieces missing or the catalyst may be missing completely. Any damaged or missing catalysts MUST be replaced.

Good Catalyst Appearance

A missing catalyst will not affect fuel economy or engine operation but could put the engine out of compliance with emission regulations. If there are missing pieces of catalyst, you need to make sure they are not lodged in the Y-pipe or in the downstream exhaust system.

What You Should Do: If you find an exhaust pipe that has a missing or damaged catalyst, contact Indmar Customer Service at 800-974-3744. Make sure to have the engine serial number. They will help you determine the appropriate parts for the engine you are working on

Note: When replacing exhaust pipes, refer to SV2017-7 for proper alignment of exhaust system components. Note: A copy of SV2017-7 follows for your convenience.

File a warranty claim through the normal warranty claim process.

• Like 1

SERVICE ADVISORY

Date: December 20, 2017

Advisory: SV2017-7

Subject: Exhaust System Alignment 6.2L Ford

We previously issued service advisory SV2017-5MOD regarding proper installation of the exhaust hoses that join the catalyst pipes with the exhaust Y-pipe. Besides the proper insertion of the pipes into the exhaust hoses, it is critical that the catalyst pipes and the Y-pipe be aligned properly. Improper alignment of the catalyst pipe can result in damaging of the exhaust hose and/or water reversion. Water reversion can damage oxygen sensors, catalysts and internal engine components.

Proper alignment of the catalyst pipe and Y-pipe will result in an even, symmetrical look of the “bump” in the exhaust hose as in the picture below.

Proper Alignment with Symmetrical “Bump”

Below are examples of misaligned pipes:

Adjustment Points

In order to get proper alignment you may have make adjustments at any or all of the points shown below. Loosen v-band clamps that secure the catalyst pipes to the manifolds to rotate the catalyst pipes. You may also have to adjust/shorten rubber exhaust elbow that attaches the Y-pipe to the muffler and the hose from the muffler to the boat’s exhaust outlet. Loosen the hose clamps that secure the exhaust hoses to the catalyst pipe and Y-pipe to allow components to “find” their appropriate alignment. Make sure the exhaust hoses are installed per the instructions in SV2017-5MOD. See diagram below. Once proper alignment is attained, secure all clamps.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Where do i find the right part number for all the O2 sensors on my 2017 24 MXZ. I want to change them out to see if that works. 

Im getting the alarm every trip too. Resetting boat with battery switch used to work,  and slowly getting up to speed kept the alarm at bay, but now it comes on right away after boat is started. 

Im amazed at how many people just want to band aid a problem to gain an extra few days. I feel like these are the people that will get mad when they finally bring in the boat and find out its an expensive problem now, or out of warranty.

If the cats are blown out then the O2 sensors are getting wet and failing. Putting in new ones wont solve anything for more than a few hours.

FIX the problem! PLEASE!

Edited by COOP
  • Like 4

its interesting that Inmar states that having no cat will not affect the fuel economy or engine performance.  They did not specifically indicate if it would cause a code to populate.  Reason i bring this up is that IF they engine will run properly with no cat, that tells me that the post-cat sensors are emission compliance only sensors.  The pre-cat sensor is doing the actual ECM manipulation and the post-cat sensor is simply telling the ECM...."yep exhaust is working".

This was common on cars for a very long time.  Thats how you could "spoof" the ECM with a sensor delete and gut/eliminate the cats.  Currently, (at least in the automotive industry) the pre and post cat sensors are used for fueling adjustments.  This is why a cat-delete is harder to accomplish.

• 6 months later...
On 5/20/2015 at 11:34 PM, yotaisgame said:

Took it out for a quick spin and success they worked! so yesterday I went to turn on my batteries, I decided to run only battery #1. Well turns out the negative terminal had come off, so I fixed that then continued to check everything was enabled and calibrated the surfgates in the driveway. Today I took it out. Initially I left all ballast empty and turned on the right gate. Nothing happened. I then started filling the ballast and calibrated again. This time around they worked flawlessly. Spent another 30 minutes playing With the wave. So what fixed the issue? I don't have a clue but hey they work.

On 5/10/2020 at 8:34 AM, Drslatt said:

I had same issues.  The oxygen sensors are relatively cheap (under $100) socket was $8.  I changed out pre cat on port side.  No issue sense.  I'm also, several hours away from decent service.  I keep on both an extra pre cat and post cat sensor.  It is a five minute change out job once you know how.

Also, have been doing the "hot lap" maybe it is helping.  Bad design, but pretty easy overall to fix it so far.

What are the part numbers for all the O2 sensors. Idk what to get.  How many? Are they all the same for  450 indmar monsoon? 

• 2 years later...

A follow up question on this topic- is it necessary to use a computer to reset the codes on a 2017 LSV with the raptor engine following replacement of the oxygen sensors?  Or will the engine warnings go away (perhaps stored as inactive in the system) after several operating cycles?

• 1 month later...

I was having this problem late last season. Mine was just the starboard side, and I purchased a couple new sensors and then swapped them around and it stayed with the starboard side.  I brought it in to local shop finally last week to get it summerized and have them troubleshoot the code and give me the bad news that I needed a new cat.  Turned out, upon inspection, my cat was fine.  Instead, they found an air/water leak in the exhaust system causing improper airflow through that cat, as well as causing another issue that I hadn’t considered could be related - my boats engine was pretty slow priming often resulting in overheating upon first start up after launching it.  I haven’t been able to water test it yet because of weather but they were pretty confident that it was fixed.  I’ll report back if the fix holds or not.  My situation is different because it’s not a 2017+ but this was a common issue in every year.  I had to replace both of my cats in my 2014 with similar codes being thrown then.