Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 247 LSV Issues

Last year went to use the boat and it just went into limp mode with incorrect lake depth and temp. When that happened it kept throw a check engine light.

Found some chewed up wires from mice. 4 wires (2 red and 2 black) They ran on the starboard side behind the cup holder and into the corner compartment.

This year we fixed the chewed up wires and are running it off a garden hose (Fake a Lake) and the check engine keeps popping on and off but I can’t pull it find a way to pull the codes. With the check engine light it also had the alarm for shallow depth. I would clear both and every ~5 min or so it would come back on.

Its regularly coming on after we turn the boat off and then on.

I try to pull the code on the dash but when I go to service and diagnosis it only allows me to sweep the gauges.

Any help to pull the code or any other recommendations?

You'll need to pull the codes -- you can either buy a MEFI reader or make your own.  Here's a thread with instructions 

You'll probably need to find your ECU part # or see if it lists the MEFI version on the case.  If you have MEFI 5+ I believe you need a different type of reader.  

A 2006 Malibu will very likely have a MEFI5 ECM which would require Rinda Diacom and a CAN adaptor to read and clear diagnostic codes.  To confirm which ECM your engine uses, the MEFI5 has 3 harness connectors coming out of the top center of it and the MEFI4 has 2 connectors, one on each end that are facing up.  The ECM is located on the back of the engine near the rear bench seat.

The Info Center and MMDC did not have an engine CAN connection until 2007, so you will not be able to get engine diagnostic codes on your 2006 Info Center display.