Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fake a Lake help

Afternoon, 'Bu Owners.  I need some help determining my problem.  It's a bit of a story.  About 3 weeks ago we took out our 2012 V-Ride to the lake for the 1st time this year.  I changed the impeller last Fall and did not see a reason to do it again.  I paid someone to winterize to save time as well.  Boat ran fine for about 30 minutes then i got a high temp alarm.  Stopped immediately, checked the temp and it was under 200 degrees (can't remember exactly).  I figured that wasn't too bad.  Opened the engine compartment and noticed water was pouring in from somewhere.  After checking around, i noticed the cover plate for the impeller was off, no screws and the impeller has about halfway out.  I closed the valve to stop the water and luckily found all 4 screws and the plate.  I put it back together and we waited about 30 minutes for the engine to cool off. We drove it back to the ramp (about 20 minutes) and everything was fine (except there is a "Service Required" message when cranking).  

I ordered another impeller figuring the other one was bad.  Today I installed it and wanted to test to make sure everything was OK.  Set up the fake-a-lake and started the boat.  The problem is that no water is coming out of the exhaust.  In the past i found water came out shortly after i cranked.  I pulled out the impeller to make sure I rotated it the proper direction.  Tried again, still no water.  I then took a bolt out of the transmission and turned on the water figuring it may be clogged.  Water came gushing into the engine compartment.  I think, good.  I then pulled the hose that goes to the impeller and turned the water on again.  This time no water.  I cannot seem to remove the hoses from the transmission.  It seems they are practically welded on there.  

I have 2 questions, what could be preventing the water from getting to my impeller.  When cranking i can see the shaft turning.  Also, how big of a deal is the "service required" message since the temperature didn't technically get that high.  Thanks,

formulaben
11 hours ago, mrgreencu said:

I changed the impeller last Fall and did not see a reason to do it again.

Do you mean you changed it in fall 2018 and didn't do it in fall of 2019?

11 hours ago, mrgreencu said:

Today I installed it and wanted to test to make sure everything was OK.  Set up the fake-a-lake and started the boat.  The problem is that no water is coming out of the exhaust.  In the past i found water came out shortly after i cranked.  I pulled out the impeller to make sure I rotated it the proper direction.  Tried again, still no water.

I hate Fake-a-Lakes with a passion, as they often do not prime and get good flow, especially the cheap ones.

10 hours ago, mrgreencu said:

I then took a bolt out of the transmission and turned on the water figuring it may be clogged. 

I was totally following until this part and now I'm completely lost.  Are you referring to the trans fluid cooler or trans cooler hose?  Please explain.