Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rear Starboard drain ballast pump quit working

2019 T22 after surfing today went to drain all the ballast and the rear starboard pump wouldn’t drain the tank and bag. Had to dump the bag in the bilge to access the pump. Took the pump apart and found some debris. Cleaned it out but the pump won’t start and I can’t find a circuit breaker for that pump. Is there a fuse somewhere I’m missing?  Tried to start the pump with it separated from the housing and it doesn’t start, impeller won’t spin....

Not sure if the axis boats are the same, but there should be a fuse under the dash, it should even be labeled. I kept extra fuses and pumps in our 2011 as this seemed to happen 2-3 times per year.  

On our 2019, we had that same pump completely quit labor day weekend, which was day 3 with the boat, so i know there are fuses under the dash.

I wasn’t able to locate a fuse box under the helm, I found in the owners manual where they reference a fuse box but I doesn’t mention it’s location. It says there is a picture but I didn’t see that either. I didn’t check great in the engine compartment last night so maybe it’s in there. Gonna check again today it was getting dark last night when I was searching for it. 

B8DBD9C0-8FF0-48C4-96E0-48B10CDD1A8C.thumb.png.b920c0e4df7ee2bed36a863c168d4096.png

Just for closure, found the fuse box under the dash it’s a 7.5amp fuse. Ridiculously difficult to get to due to the wad of wires in the way. I did not attempt to change the fuse, don’t have a replacement fuse and the boat is kept in dry storage at my dealer so I’ll get them to look into it this week. 

1 hour ago, air06 said:

Just for closure, found the fuse box under the dash it’s a 7.5amp fuse. Ridiculously difficult to get to due to the wad of wires in the way. I did not attempt to change the fuse, don’t have a replacement fuse and the boat is kept in dry storage at my dealer so I’ll get them to look into it this week. 

Yeah, on our 19 the fuse boxes are pretty hard to get to, it was certainly easier in our 2011