Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower for my ‘12 TXi

braindamage

Aerial, Bullet, Krypt, Lightning, and countless more are just Chinese tower-in-a-box kits bought through Aliexpress with different name plates bolted on. Nothing really quality or special about them and they shake and rattle without regular tightening of the hardware. There are too many pieces (allowing them to fit in a shipping box) to be a sturdy product for the long term, nothing like a Titan, XTP, or Samson. 

• Like 1
On 5/5/2020 at 8:49 PM, Steve B. said:

Little surprised the can't use a CAD drawing, do a design, then get your approval without your boat on site.

Steve B.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:00 PM, braindamage said:

good point.  I'll give him a call tomorrow am.

There is a company called DBG Concepts that had that ability years ago when I inquired with them.

They can control all of the dimensions including height. Be aware they do sell the budget universal box kits as well so stay on the custom page.

https://www.dbgconcepts.com/custom-towers.html

Edited by jk13
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, jk13 said:

There is a company called DBG Concepts that had that ability years ago when I inquired with them.

They can control all of the dimensions including height. Be aware they do sell the budget universal box kits as well so stay on the custom page.

Thanks!! Between New Dimensions and dbg hopefully I can get a custom one built👍

On 5/9/2020 at 2:03 PM, jk13 said:

I spoke with DBG and they no longer build custom towers. Bummer. 🤷‍♂️

Ok...I'm not so good at Paint 3D, but attached are a couple renderings.  For some reason the boat pic I used is "naked", but whatever.  One pic has the tower at 64" off the floor (my wife won't hit her head) and the other pic has the tower 70" off the floor (I won't hit my head).  I put the tow point just aft of the ski pylon.

Thoughts?

Low Profile Tower - approx 64in from floor.png

Low Profile Tower - approx 70in from floor.png

Edited by braindamage

64" off the floor is pretty low IMO.  But it looks a little more streamlined.  that said, when we have the bimini up, it is less than  that and we just duck.

I vote 64 as long as the tower doesn't arc back so far it's a challenge to duck under.  Looks better and your lift canopy is more effective at protecting the boat.

19 minutes ago, braindamage said:

My wife likes the 64”, even after I pointed out that I’ll hit my head 🤔

Just hit the tower with your purse!  LOL

• 5 weeks later...

Update..after much debate and consideration, my wife decided the tower wasn’t worth the cost and inconvenience. 
‘Nuff said.

ill start a new thread about a Bimini 😁