Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower for my ‘12 TXi

braindamage

formulaben

What's your budget?  Towers aren't cheap but if that's not an issue I think I'd go with the Roswell Aviator Pro tower and Aviator soft top bimini if you're wanting a modern look.  Pre-wired for speakers and anchor light.  If you're wanting a more classic look then I'd go for a  Titan Series II tower. They are very strong and I'd go with a custom bimini like @Bill_AirJunky did.  His looks awesome...thread below but pics are expired. Maybe he could post a new picture.

The factory Malibu four point tower from XTP is a great fit and won’t interfere with short line slalom if that’s a concern. 
I’d ask a dealer if they can still get one. 

Edited by jk13
7 hours ago, braindamage said:

My wife wants a tower. ‘Nuff said

opinions on a tower that will look good that I can add that looks good and has a contained Bimini?

3 minutes ago, jk13 said:

The factory Malibu four point tower from XTP is a great fit and won’t interfere with short line slalom if that’s a concern. 
I’d ask a dealer if they can still get one. 

This one. Though I believe those towers have become unicorns. Best looking tower ever IMO 

2 hours ago, braindamage said:

Edit...it won’t. At gunnel steps its85” wide.
Will this fit?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143494047850

You would only have to nudge it a little over a half inch per side, which is basically nothing.  A cam strap would easily do that.  And if the thought of that bugs you, buy it and have that inch cut out and rewelded.

If I were looking for a tower, that one would be *forced* to fit my boat.

i wonder if XTP is closed, or if they just ignore all non-dealer inquiries. I sent both my contact info and request online as well as on voicemail. It’s been since Saturday, so maybe I’m just impatient.

they say you can custom order a tower from them, but I’m not sure how.

my dealer dismissed the possibility out of hand, saying they haven’t ordered an OEM tower in 8 years.

Registrant Name: Ken Land
Registrant Organization: Krypt Watersports, LLC
Registrant Street: 1201 Broadway
Registrant City: Marble Falls
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 78654
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.2103601644

That tower would be awesome on a Response etc.

39 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Has anyone ever heard of Krypt towers? They have a swoop that looks like it might line up to my side window lines. it doesn’t say how high it is.

https://www.krypt-towers.com/pro-swoop-adjustable-wakeboard-tower/

Does anyone has any idea how to photoshop it to see what it might look like?

That looks pretty sweet if it's not too tall.  Wonder what the overall dimensions are.  Ken Land has been around watersports for a while.  Thought he was making ropes called Bullet Lines or something.

27 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Wonder if you could fit a 2017+ ski tower on a 2012 if you'd put it right behind the windshield.  That might actually be pretty slick.

13107988.jpeg

it would probably push the tower back by 15-18" would be my guess.  Not sure how that would look.  I could call my dealer again, but they aren't very interested in anything aftermarket...just selling and servicing new boats.  Beam is also different...2017+ is 1.5" smaller, which may or may not be a big deal.

Edited by braindamage

I just got a message back from NewDimensions.  They don't have a pattern for a TXi, but said that they would pretty much make me a custom one if I drove mine to TN and let them work on it.  Not sure I'm doing that, but I guess it's an option.

15 minutes ago, braindamage said:

I just got a message back from NewDimensions.  They don't have a pattern for a TXi, but said that they would pretty much make me a custom one if I drove mine to TN and let them work on it.  Not sure I'm doing that, but I guess it's an option.

Little surprised the can't use a CAD drawing, do a design, then get your approval without your boat on site.

Steve B.

10 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Little surprised the can't use a CAD drawing, do a design, then get your approval without your boat on site.

Steve B.

good point.  I'll give him a call tomorrow am.

33 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Surely one of the forum members here in TN could help you out?  Those towers look (and price) great!

Does anyone know the height of the factory XTP tower?

doing some measuring and using proportions on the spec

from a pic of a 2013, where the profile looks lower: the height of the tower looks to be about 41.5” from top of gunnel, which places the total height at 65.5”. It’s exactly the same as my friend’s MC TT

https://buford-ga.americanlisted.com/boats-yachts-parts/2013-malibu-response-txi-with-wake-tower_29082457.html

from a pic of a 2015, where it looks taller: the height of the tower looks about 52.5”, which places the total height at 76.5”.  This is more typical of a tower.

https://www.popyachts.com/wake-ski-boats-for-sale/malibu-response-txi-in-green-cove-springs-florida-154235

big difference!  either XTP/Malibu redesigned the tower between 2013 & 2015, my measurements/calcs are flawed, or the picture scaling is messing with me.

Edited by braindamage

Have you looked at these?  The "Assault" is shown here and closest I could find to the XTP when I was searching.  The rear-most vertical bar has a bit much going on for me, as I prefer simple geometric shapes.

https://aerialwakeboarding.com/gallery/wakeboard-towers/malibu?page=2

Edit - I just went back and compared to the Krypt tower you posted.  These look very similar but maybe the horizontal bar is a bit lower and closer to line of the windshield on this one?  I prefer the vertical bar of the Krypt.

image.png.9b618f180a35522ceb5fc4df6e0105d6.png

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1