Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wiring open ACC Electrical Switch

Hey all.  New to the forum.  I have an 2017 Axis A22--love it and anxious to get out this season here in Washington state.  Had a custom stereo install when I bought the boat a couple years ago--couple Exile amps, Exile tower speakers, and Hertz cabin speakers.  Want to take the next step and add some custom RGB lights to the speakers (prewired in the Hertz speakers I have) and maybe a few areas of the cabin.  I have an RGB controller, the lights, wires, connectors, etc.  Went out to the boat this evening thinking it would be relatively easy to access power for the RGB Controller via an empty ACC switch.  Pulled off the cover from under the dash and can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. Pretty hard to see under there.   Is there a wiring diagram anywhere?  I can see a wire harness connecting directly into the back of the switch for both the left and right side of the dash, but those only have 4 wires (each side), and there are 8 switches on each side.  Any help would be appreciated.

Update.  After some trial and error, I found out how to connect into the prewired tower light switch.  It wasn't connected to anything, just a dangling wire hidden back there with a white label "TOWER LT".  Taking the negative wire from the RGB controller to the negative terminal bus under the dash, then the positive wire from the controller to that TOWER LT wire worked like a champ.  This allows me to use the tower light switch to turn the RGB lights on an off. Thought I would post in in case anyone is trying to do the same.