Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

soft grip flooring

smuurph84

so I currently have the decadence flooring in my 16 t22. not the most appealing but it hides a ton of dirt and is super easy to clean, plus it has basically 0 up keep. I am curious how everyone likes the soft grip in the newer models. is it easy to keep clean? as I keep my boat on the lift and wipe down after every use this is  a pretty big priority to not to have to scrub the floor after every outing. currently I pull the decadence out a few times a season and give it a scrub. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

we just made the swap from Decadance to Gatorstep and i couldnt be happier.  Both my wife and i agree that it feels better on our feet.  It also doesnt hurt when we kneel down on it like with the Decadence.  I cannot comment as of yet on the cleaning/upkeep of the Gatorstep.  But given their track record, i dont forsee an issue in the years to come.

I put the storm grey and black GS in my 2010 and loved everything about it. I have the grey and black SD in my '19 and for the most part like it just as much. There seems to be some slight differences between the two. The GS seemed to be a little thicker, a little more scuff resistant and didn't seem to hold the dirt as stubbornly as the SD does. I could be totally imagining that and I only have 160 hours on the SD, so this summer should show me one way or the other. I would own either one over carpet or the decadence. The decadence always seemed like it would be a lot of work to get Cheeto's or :vomit: out of it.

Love our soft grip flooring on our '19. I don't believe it's Gatorstep or any other name brand, I think it's some Malibu/Axis factory version of soft grip. We added Gatorstep to the bow and side rails and it's a slightly different texture and not quite an exact match to our gray floor. Love the ease of cleaning and fast-drying convenience of it. No complaints.

1 hour ago, wdr said:

I put the storm grey and black GS in my 2010 and loved everything about it. I have the grey and black SD in my '19 and for the most part like it just as much. There seems to be some slight differences between the two. The GS seemed to be a little thicker, a little more scuff resistant and didn't seem to hold the dirt as stubbornly as the SD does. I could be totally imagining that and I only have 160 hours on the SD, so this summer should show me one way or the other. I would own either one over carpet or the decadence. The decadence always seemed like it would be a lot of work to get Cheeto's or :vomit: out of it.

cheetos , chips man everything comes out of it!  ( had a full glass of red wine dropped on it by my wife last sat. took all of 2 min. to rinse out. stuff holds up really well. 

i walked on the new flooring and I like it. love the looks. just hope the cleanup is as easy

I've got the factory floor in our '18.  I gotta admit I like it a lot vs. the carpet I had in my '13 LSV.  Definitely easier to keep clean, cleaner look, great grip...