Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thoughts on this used garage sale ski - Connelly HP 68

PaulH86

Anyone have any idea on the age of this ski?

It is a Connelly HP 68 inch, probably from the 90's?

Is this worth picking up and holding onto?   Will current bindings fit the ski?  What is the skill range of this ski?

Thanks in advance

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

ahopkins22LSV

That would be great wall art for the garage. Nothing else, nothing more IMO. 

What are you looking for out of a ski? How much are you looking to spend? There are lots of skis out there that will be 100x more functional than that ski.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, PaulH86 said:

Anyone have any idea on the age of this ski?

It is a Connelly HP 68 inch, probably from the 90's?

Is this worth picking up and holding onto?   Will current bindings fit the ski?  What is the skill range of this ski?

Thanks in advance

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

Depends on what you want to do with it.   We have the later model of this ski which was badge'd as Team 2 model in 65 and 67".  If you're new to slalom or just want something to learn on or have for guests to use, I say buy it.  We still carry the 67" Team 2 version as we vacation with my mom's side of the family so we'll take a lot of people out that don't ski, but once a year, and this ski fits the bill for their use.  I actually ski'd it last summer as my kids wanted to do a triple slalom and I didn't have anything else on the water.  If I want to go "all out" I borrow my dad's and use it behind his Txi but for rec use or teaching newbs to ski, this would work just fine.

As far as skill range goes, it was an intermediate class.  I will say that when I was younger (teens) I ran the course regularly at 22 off at 34mph on our 65" Team 2.  It rides like 2x6 after being on newer technology but back in the day, it's what we had.

Edited by wedge88

I picked an old Western Wood slalom a couple years back from "Highway Hardware" (ie.  free stuff along the road) and just use it for decoration.  I can't imagine skiing on that old Connelly (I never liked Herb's skis anyway), unless I lost a bet.  :)

Thanks for the feedback.   I was thinking of re purposing it as a guest ski in lieu using the slalom of a combo ski set.  I'll probably just keep using the combo for guests.

1 hour ago, PaulH86 said:

just keep using the combo for guests

Don't like them much, eh?  ;)  You can get a decent slalom for a hundred bucks or so that would make their experience much better.

ahopkins22LSV
2 hours ago, PaulH86 said:

Thanks for the feedback.   I was thinking of re purposing it as a guest ski in lieu using the slalom of a combo ski set.  I'll probably just keep using the combo for guests.

This is new, but the perfect guest ski. Keep an eye on this website and you might be able to score a freeride for 100-150 if you find a used one.

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Slalom&postid=54127