Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater for TXi

braindamage

2 hours ago, braindamage said:

It is very warm. We ski a lot at sunrise when it’s cold, are early in the spring and late in the fall. There’s quite a bit of downtime between passes while the skier rests and between sets where we are swapping skiers. Having the pump makes a huge difference. My MC buddy has a heater but it’s not really worth it to turn on as it only blows out real heat while pulling the skier.

wife luvs how hot it gets now as before the mod the heat when running was luke warm at best because of the slow flow to heater without pump or ypipe 

just get him to install the ypipe,  pretty easy/cheap snd you use the johnson pump hose clamp slid down to cut line and use the clamp as s straight edge safety cutting guide for knife , reroute motor return hose snd plug water pump housing npt nipple hole, at least he could have heat at idle until skier is getting ready on swim deck.

one day i will have pump, did you use the Amazon knock off fit $10-15?

i was un-able to remove return nipple so i did below

2E2424D5-52C9-4E97-B469-367DB8F12587.jpeg

Edited by granddaddy55
3 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

wife luvs how hot it gets now as before the mod the heat when running was luke warm at best because of the slow flow to heater without pump or ypipe 

just get him to install the ypipe,  pretty easy/cheap snd you use the johnson pump hose clamp slid down to cut line and use the clamp as s straight edge safety cutting guide for knife , reroute motor return hose snd plug water pump housing npt nipple hole, at least he could have heat at idle until skier is getting ready on swim deck.

one day i will have pump, did you use the Amazon knock off fit $10-15?

i was un-able to remove return nipple so i did below

2E2424D5-52C9-4E97-B469-367DB8F12587.jpeg

Yep. This plus a couple fittings. Less than $30 total. Worth it!

edit...it also doesn’t matter if it’s mounted supply be return side. I’ve done both.

bayite BYT-7A006 DC 12V Solar Hot... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0196WL55G?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Edited by braindamage

That reminds me, I have a heat tube that tore between the heater housing and the bulkhead it's mounted to.  Need to put some foil tape on that sucker and patch it up.

Going on year number 3 with my little cheapo pump.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, UWSkier said:

That reminds me, I have a heat tube that tore between the heater housing and the bulkhead it's mounted to.  Need to put some foil tape on that sucker and patch it up.

Going on year number 3 with my little cheapo pump.

remember your post all the time as it is my eventual goal as i installed the y about same time

• Like 1