Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best video to learn

Learn2surf

I need the best video recommendations to learn how to drive the boat for surfing. Husband has surfed a few mins on someone else’s boat.  I haven’t ever done it.  Neither of us has ever driven anyone.  2019 23 LSV with PNP bags in the back.  Thanks!!

Edited by Learn2surf

Here's a really good video to watch how to pick up the surfer up after they go down. This seems to be the area most people new to this will struggle with. 

Since he's surfed before, he'll have an idea on how to start but you can find some good clips on that too. It's a slow easy roll on of the power once the surfer is ready, so it's easier than starting a skier or wakeboarder.

Exactly what @NWBU said about a slow easy start. Think 0-10 mph in about 10 seconds. After that, try to go straight. You will get the feel of it pretty quick. Watch out for other boaters.

We tried last weekend and husband thought we needed to go full on the throttle.  I think we will go a little easier in the throttle this time.  Thanks!

Edited by Learn2surf
ahopkinsVTX

Definitely do not go full throttle. Slowly roll the throttle. Too slow is probably a better "mistake" than too fast. Surfer needs to stay tucked and patient, don't pull on the rope and let the boat pull them up through a squat like stance.