Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best year for sunsetter vlx

32off

I am looking to get a VLX but I don't know which year is best. Any ideas out there? I am looking for the best water ski wake so I am thinking that a 2001?

On 4/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, UWSkier said:

2001 Sunsetter VLX

2002-2004 Sunscape 21 LSV is the same boat below the rub rail with updated top deck and interior.  Skis the same.

This.  Except the Sunscape interior is barely any different, as '01 had the dash upgrade.  These are all on the SV23 diamond hull.  Only the '96 - '00 is on the wake hull.

I am the original and still owner of a 2001 VLX and love the ski wake at 32 and above. I prefer it to my friends older prostar though maybe a case of what I got used to. The two sides of the wake V is somewhat wider but the wake is very soft and easier on my old knees. My friends ski the course at 34, 15 off as well on my boat as their own DD.  I would like to get a new boat but they just do not make any V drives that I think are good to ski behind. Much heavier and bigger draft, The Sunsetter has an 18 inch draft and weighs 2800 lbs dry.

Edited by koshlabelle