Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Speakers with 2009 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV

Malibulover2410

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a 2009 Malibu wakesetter 23 lsv and it does not have any tower speakers.  However it did come with two Rockford Fosgate amplifiers and I would like to put on some tower speakers that are compatible with my tower(XS illusion) and those amplifiers. I unfortunately do not know the specifics of the amps but think that we can make em work with any speaker as long as they mount to our specific XS tower.

Does anyone have any recommendations for tower speakers that directly mount to my specific tower?  I have looked on the Rockford fosgate website and it looks like they have a "Malibu Direct Mount" with their tower speakers but am not sure if that works with my tower.  

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate the suggestions!

Thank you

35 minutes ago, Malibulover2410 said:

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a 2009 Malibu wakesetter 23 lsv and it does not have any tower speakers.  However it did come with two Rockford Fosgate amplifiers and I would like to put on some tower speakers that are compatible with my tower(XS illusion) and those amplifiers. I unfortunately do not know the specifics of the amps but think that we can make em work with any speaker as long as they mount to our specific XS tower.

Does anyone have any recommendations for tower speakers that directly mount to my specific tower?  I have looked on the Rockford fosgate website and it looks like they have a "Malibu Direct Mount" with their tower speakers but am not sure if that works with my tower.  

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate the suggestions!

Thank you

XS uses the same mounting bolt pattern as a G3.5(the speaker shelfs.) So you have lots of options.

Here's my setup.  Prev owner installed, I'm happy with it overall but it's a running joke how many times a day I'm gonna hit my head!  It's also a ton of weight IMO, maybe too much.  There are times in rougher water where the tower shakes pretty bad, I changed all the bushings and it helped a bunch but still shakes a little. 

IMG_1754.JPG

Your boat has a 2 channel amp that is bridged into a mono amp, driving the woofer. A 4 chnl amp thats driving the 3-4 pair of in-boats. 

You will want an amp dedicated for the tower speakers, or upgrade one of the existing amps to one that can accommodate the new tower speakers and whatever speaker(s) the pulled amp was driving. 

13 hours ago, gregtay said:

XS uses the same mounting bolt pattern as a G3.5(the speaker shelfs.) So you have lots of options.

Do I have to use an adapter/shelf to mount the speakers to the tower or can I simply use the bolted mount that comes with the speakers? 

Or what is your specific recommendation?  

Thank you!

6 hours ago, MLA said:

Your boat has a 2 channel amp that is bridged into a mono amp, driving the woofer. A 4 chnl amp thats driving the 3-4 pair of in-boats. 

You will want an amp dedicated for the tower speakers, or upgrade one of the existing amps to one that can accommodate the new tower speakers and whatever speaker(s) the pulled amp was driving. 

Thank you!  That makes more sense of what we got. 

Is the installation of the amplifier and tower speakers doable by ourselves? Wiring? Or should we definitely bring it into a professional?  

Just trying to get as much info as possible! Thanks again.