Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25 LSV surf setup

Bman1

Fill up the ballast and go.  Stock wave is pretty dang good.  

Some guys are endlessly tweaking.  I am an ordinary surfer and found that it is helpful to put a little weight up front.  I put 100 pounds of lead next to the batteries in the front, another 100 as far forward as I can get it under the glove box and 50 pounds midship in the storage compartment.  That works well for me, but I don't have time to be moving lead or people regularly, we are anxious to get going.  We mostly surf regular, and you will want some extra weight on that side if you have a small crew or the driver is extra large relative to the others.  

2 hours ago, Bman1 said:

Hey guys, 

Just wondering what you have found the best setup for a 25 LSV to be. 

Last year we went pretty much stock, except with the 570's in the rear lockers. It was a great improvement over our vtx. I have 400lbs of lead waiting to go in the front and spotter compartment, plus swapped out the 570's for 750's. Honestly its pretty hard to get it wrong, but yes you can tweak it to make wave longer or taller if you wish. Play with the wedge a little too.

I love these replies as it just reinforces the 25 really needs nothing.   But of course, it responds to more weight like about any hull.  Wave looks massive with just PNP and 250 lbs lead on the port side with just my wife and I out.  Wave is something beyond massive when we start loading the boat with people ballast.  Enjoy!

If running small crew 3-4 then we throw an older 1000 lb triangle bow bag in middle cabin floor, not needed but makes it more like your running with 4-6 "more"people  in the boat which makes big difference not in size but in wave firmness and ability to bump speed up 1-1.5mph for longer wave. . No bow weight needed IMO unless you have the oversized rear locker bags 900s+ instead of the 700s (2016 model yr)

Belly weight Not needed but it's like once u had a taste it's hard to go back. Boat simply likes belly weight or people pretty hard to mess up frankly. 

20180727_111846-1.jpg

Edited by The Hulk
  • Like 2