Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2019 Malibu 23 LSV center ballast overflowing into bildge?

Mv4ever16

Hi, first real trip with the boat today and auto bildge kept turning on. Found 3” of water in the center at the pump. Pulled the boat out and drained all the water. I put the boat back in the water and filled each ballast individually to check for leaks. Once the center ballast hits 100% it does not overflow through the vent line like the front does. It starts to flood the center bilge. Not sure what to do or where to start. I guess the vent line for the center isn’t hooked up correctly? Does anyone know how to access that? Thanks 

I'd check at both ends of that line... where the drain pump is (under either the mid floor hatch but left of the drivers feet, there should be 4 pumps in there, one is the center drain, flip to drain and he can feel each pump to see which one is on) and where it connects to the through hull which is just forward of the helm on the starboard side.  There might be an anti-siphon loop or device in the line as well.. not sure.    I am going to guess the line simply isn't connected somewhere (versus a broken line.)  Maybe it was disconnected by the dealer for winterizing or something (or the factory just never hooked it up.  Checking all those lines is on the dealer prep list so they should have caught that before handing the boat over to you.  Likely an easy fix.