Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu up and running!

Bman1

Just learned my new boat is scheduled to be completed next Tuesday! 

Thought some of you might be in a similar situation and would want to know. 

• Like 2

Bman1 what was your original spray date and what model are you building?  My 23 lsv was supposed to spray on 3/23, but I heard last week it was to be sprayed yesterday on 4/22.  Still waiting on confirmation that it actually happened.  Looking forward to getting my boat to do some social distancing in the next few weeks!

• Like 2

I am not sure of the original Spray date. We were thinking I would get it around the first of April though. Sorry I didn't get the spray date this time because we decided not to do the tour. 

25 LSV. 

Got the call today that mine will be finished on Monday.  The factory is working 6 days a week now to get caught up.

• Like 3

Mine was supposed to begin around 3/26 originally. The pickle I’m in now is that my dealer is located in Michigan and the state shut the dealerships down because they are “non-essential”

Our spray date was 3/18 and was completed but didn't ship before the factory shut down.  It shipped on Wednesday, so should have it soon.

• Like 3

The factory can produce boats!  Shipping is just like you see on Amazon, prime is now tomorrow or next week.  The good thing is that all are working hard to do their part during these strange times.  

My boat was started before the shutdown and is now finishing.  It will ship, within a wider window....   I will get it!!!

I am pleased with the efforts of all involved.

Here is a question we ordered a 2020 Malibu Wakesetter 22 LSV February 19th 2020 and it was scheduled to arrive May 17th. When do you think the new date of arrival will be now? 

1 hour ago, Nana said:

Here is a question we ordered a 2020 Malibu Wakesetter 22 LSV February 19th 2020 and it was scheduled to arrive May 17th. When do you think the new date of arrival will be now? 

Impossible to say since the schedule moved out but at the same time you likely moved up in the production plan. Just ask your dealer, they should have your new date. 

6 hours ago, Nana said:

Contact your dealer.  They can get the spray date, the start of production, for your boat.  It takes about a week to build it.  Shipping is a couple of weeks in today’s world and you have dealer prep time. So, best to get in touch with your dealer.

6 hours ago, Nana said:

My buddy pretty much has those same dates and he was told by his dealer he will be put at the front of the line. 

9 minutes ago, dwc032 said:

My buddy pretty much has those same dates and he was told by his dealer he will be put at the front of the line. 

Customer boats are being built first before dealer stock orders.  So the “front of the line” is just in front of the dealer stock orders.  You will not be jumping other customers just because.  The good thing is the factory is now on a 6 day a week schedule.  Just remember “soon” is relative these days.

Edited by dlb