Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 Response LXR Questions

BoatFlyRide

Greetings Everyone,

After nearly two years I am hopefully getting a new to me boat. I presently have a deposit on a 2015 Response LXR with the Monsoon 410.

My old boat was a 2002 Response LX and I loved the hull for barefooting. The wakes seemed nice a firm with minimal side spray for the boom. 

I have a few questions:

1.) Is the hull actually the same on my old LX and the LXR?

2.) The LXR has zero off. Can this be set to 42 mph?

3.) Can any LXR owners chime in with their experiences?

Thanks Everyone!

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, BoatFlyRide said:

Greetings Everyone,

After nearly two years I am hopefully getting a new to me boat. I presently have a deposit on a 2015 Response LXR with the Monsoon 410.

My old boat was a 2002 Response LX and I loved the hull for barefooting. The wakes seemed nice a firm with minimal side spray for the boom. 

I have a few questions:

1.) Is the hull actually the same on my old LX and the LXR?

2.) The LXR has zero off. Can this be set to 42 mph?

3.) Can any LXR owners chime in with their experiences?

Thanks Everyone!

1. I am pretty sure, yes.
  2. Yes. You will have to go into training mode I think. Push select until it highlights the little triangle in the bottom corner, then toggle to the training screen with the arrows, then push select again until it highlights the speed. Should be able to set this to anything by the tenth. Or two tenths, been awhile...
  3. LXR was a short run for America's. It seems very popular in Australia though.

@BoatFlyRide - As noted previously, the LXR is off the Response LX hull basically with a different top deck for the walk through.  I recall a marketing video that was posted somewhere on this site and there was some information on the AU Malibu site.  LXR did not get much market penetration here so it had a short run  That should be a very nice boat and great for footing.

@AussieSkier - It appears by the flyer the TXR is still riding the SV23 diamond hull and not a smaller version of the TXI hull.  TXI hull has a flatter deadrise than the original SV23 variants.  That is how I am interpreting the flyer, would need a visual to confirm.

3 hours ago, Woodski said:

@AussieSkier - It appears by the flyer the TXR is still riding the SV23 diamond hull and not a smaller version of the TXI hull.  TXI hull has a flatter deadrise than the original SV23 variants.  That is how I am interpreting the flyer, would need a visual to confirm.

TXR is the 1999+ Response with updates.  They've gotten their mileage out of that hull mold for sure.

• Like 2
On 4/26/2020 at 9:43 PM, UWSkier said:

Those are neat.  Basically the same boat as the LXr we had here with a reimagined interior.

I would have zero problems having that boat in the fleet.  We all know it skis well, but the interior features are much improved over my '06 RLXI.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Slayer said:

I would have zero problems having that boat in the fleet.  We all know it skis well, but the interior features are much improved over my '06 RLXI.

same. very nice addition to the VTX

And to think the basic hull design (SV23) dates back to 1993 shows they really hit the home run with that one.  The SV23 hull is what put Malibu in to the top tier with MC and CC, slalom ski boats went from big 2 to big 3.

@Slayer - what are the interior features you like better?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Woodski said:

And to think the basic hull design (SV23) dates back to 1993 shows they really hit the home run with that one.  The SV23 hull is what put Malibu in to the top tier with MC and CC, slalom ski boats went from big 2 to big 3.

@Slayer - what are the interior features you like better?

I really like the helm seat.  It's vastly improved over that which is in my boat.  I also like the look of the engine box.  It looks much improved over the older style.  I'd love a better look at the interior of the TXR though.

ahopkins22LSV
9 minutes ago, BoatFlyRide said:

Well..... I bought it!

She’s an absolute beast with the 410hp Monsoon 409.

Presently waayy under propped with an Acme 515. The boat was riding the limiter at 50 mph during my water test. I’m planning to try a 449 from my stash this weekend.

AWESOME!! Definitely need pictures!

33 minutes ago, BoatFlyRide said:

Well..... I bought it!

She’s an absolute beast with the 410hp Monsoon 409.

Presently waayy under propped with an Acme 515. The boat was riding the limiter at 50 mph during my water test. I’m planning to try a 449 from my stash this weekend.

Congrats, man!!  Definitely need to see some pics.  Perhaps put some on google and share a link?

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see some pics of this LXR. I have always thought the LXR would be a great boat to own. Not many around. A black LXR was recently listed online. 

On 5/12/2020 at 7:34 PM, sambo0012 said:

Would love to see some pics of this LXR. I have always thought the LXR would be a great boat to own. Not many around. A black LXR was recently listed online. 

I bought that one. Up in MN with the 6.0, right?

On 4/28/2020 at 6:16 AM, Woodski said:

On the subject of the TXR...  This one down in Oz has a bunch of us drooling...  Click left right arrows to navigate through photos.  6.2L in this sucker.  That's some serious mumbo as our Kiwi friend @andyb would say.

giphy.gif

Edited by UWSkier
  • Like 4