Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Echelon shower plumbing

When I bought my 1994 Echelon PE like 11 years ago the shower was disconnected. I believe it's a Heatercraft. As we are typically warm water people it's not really something we need, but I'm finding all kinds of projects that weren't really necessary during this whole lockdown thing. Anyway, the hot water hose was broken into little crusty bits and truncated, so I bought a new one. The cold water intake is in good shape but just disconnected, sitting on the port side of the hull under the engine. Obviously wherever the hot water was coming from has since been capped. I don't see any obvious tees with plugs or clues. Does anyone have a similar setup they can take a snapshot of? For both hot and cold. Thanks!

The hot water connection on mine is connected to the engine drain plug on the port side. Red hose is disconnected from the engine nipple for winterization last fall but you can see where it attaches:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfZ8_WsCz-ujTjVVfhuY_aXJKgw

Cold water I do not have a good picture to share but should T-off of the cold water lake supply. Again under the port side of engine.

These both run to the hot/cold valves which for me is located forward port of the engine. However I have seen this mounted in different positions within the boat:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfZ8_WsCz-ujTfIVto3pBLzuHaw

Glad to see another Echelon being worked on! Purchased a 94 LX last August and have been restoring it. 

Identical location on mine. Thank you! I'll find a place to tee into the cold water somewhere.

edit: with that being said, if anyone knows the "correct" place to tee in, that'd be pretty cool too.

Edited by bdbr

@bdbr - For your shower:  cold water T off the water inlet hose either between the raw water pump and the transmission cooler or between the transmission cooler and the engine circulation (engine water) pump.  If you have a water strainer, that is also a good place to T off of.  Do you have a heater, that is good to have in combo with the shower, if you are using one, the other will tend to be in use also.  For a shower:  cold water return side is connected to a Y prior to the raw water pump (best) or the 5/8" port on the engine circulation pump (alternate) and hot side is connected to a fitting at the just prior to the thermostat housing in the intake manifold.

@bdbr, I was working on the boat this evening and got a picture of the cold water shower pick up:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfZ8_WsCz-ujUaL-rdXBxnjHnqp

Plumbed in a few inches aft of the main intake elbow before the transmission cooler. Picture is under the bow port corner of engine. 

Forgive the dirty bilge area as it is all being cleaned :)

@bdbr - notice the double hose clamps on the shower pic from @maxfir, that is a very good practice on the pressure side water hoses.  Those include all the hoses from the raw water pump to the circulation pump inlet and the ones tapped off the block.  System is under pressure from raw water pump to the thermostat.