Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis A20 - SP1 bow speaker questions

MXZINNC

I have a new to me 2017 A20. It came with SP1 and I am methodically upgrading it back to what I was used to in my 2013 22’ MXZ. I was able to get my MC1 connected in, which I love (had in my MXZ too). Thanks for all the great tips I found searching here.

The next step is installing bow speakers, since the kids love sitting up there. I found the bow speaker wires while running my Wetsounds MC1 cable across the front of the boat... but I don’t see where the wires come out under the storage where the BB / other wires emerge... does Malibu just tuck them in the shrink wrap cable wrap somewhere? Are they spliced into an existing set of speaker wires? Hoping someone has found them... I searched the forums but haven’t found any clear answer. 

If I get Revo6s for the bow, would upgrading my 4 rear XS-65i to revo6s make a big difference? Or should I keep the rears as XS-65is? In either case, I will need an amp. Thinking of an HTX-6 for the 6 inboats... would that be overkill? 

Thanks for reading!

i had sp1 on my 14 but didnt have xs 65 i which is decent but 50/100 rms- mine were 25 rms sony

htx6 that i have is 110 rms per channel on 6 channel on a 100/200 revo 6 so decent  pairing for 6 speakers but far from overkill.  i ran 2  WS rca 1 into 2 splitters into 1/2 and 3/4 and set the pass thru from 3/4? to 5/6 ( cant remember which channel pair passes thru to which channel pair so you can have 6 in boats as 1 zone fed by one rca pair from source plus the two splitters

i would upgrade all to match.  if no other strip ir cupholder lights being added with them get the more bright white back vs the more dim black backed speaker or possibly put black backed in bow for night driving purposes  and white backed in cabin 

i believe the wires you found were for not ordered dock lights not speaker wires, you will be running all 6 speaker wires from your new amp board location for htx6

you should have the pre run tower wires in coffin but no rgb you have to add 

i think your sp1 was wired from Hu straight to 4 speakers from dash so basically there useless

rgb controllers cannot be co located with source rca’s or your revo  6 will make noise 

you probably already know this but to put in the bow speakers you simply cut a square X in cushion vinyl with sharp knife and shove speaker in existing fiberglass hole behind cushion vinyl  

Edited by granddaddy55

FYI, RCA splitters are not needed to supply all 6 chnls. Just a single Left and Right RCA into 1/2. That amp can be run as 1 zone, 2 zones or 3 zones. 

A 1" tweeter and 2nd order cross-over can make a significant difference over a 3/4 tweeter and 1st order cross-over

MXZINNC, let me know how the Revos in the bow and the XS-65s in the rear work, I was thinking about doing the same. Im not real knowledgeable about marine audio and wasn't sure if mixing and matching your in boat speakers is fine.