Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How is your boating season starting off?

kylesullens

Well since all the ramps are closed in the Bend area and it’s still 18 degrees in the morning, not much of one. I did pull it out of the garage though and sit in it...lol

Where  do you usually boat in Oregon?  We like Prineville reservoir.  If you ever come to the Bend area shoot me a PM.  All my buddies have boats and we are at the lake every weekend. We put 150 hours on our boat last season. 

9 minutes ago, dwc032 said:

Well since all the ramps are closed in the Bend area and it’s still 18 degrees in the morning, not much of one. I did pull it out of the garage though and sit in it...lol

Where  do you usually boat in Oregon?  We like Prineville reservoir.  If you ever come to the Bend area shoot me a PM.  All my buddies have boats and we are at the lake every weekend. We put 150 hours on our boat last season. 

we camp at Prineville every August.  I will hit you up next time we are over there.

8 hours ago, dwc032 said:

to answer your question- we live in Sweet Home so we are 5 minute from Foster reservoir, 15 minutes from Green Peter.  if you've never been on GP you should check it out.  best lake in Oregon IMHO.  limited access and no services (no marina or store nearby) but the lake is great. 

9 hours ago, dwc032 said:

I did pull it out of the garage though and sit in it...lol

I did the same thing last week but left it in the garage!  "Testing" the stereo.

Planning on a pontoon ride Saturday.  It'll hit a balmy 60 degrees here!  Water temp is 40 so too cold for these old bones to ski/surf.  Went to the emergency room with a ruptured ear drum (skeg popped out of the water) once in April many years ago.  Water seems harder when it's cold.  Don't want to go near a hospital these days.

It should be in the mid 80's in Nor Cal today with Folsom Lake water temp about 60-degrees.

Only problem:  All parking access and ramps are CLOSED due to Covid-19!!!!

I can see lake from my house and it is depressing to see such flat water not being used. 

1 hour ago, P6Expert said:

It should be in the mid 80's in Nor Cal today with Folsom Lake water temp about 60-degrees.

Only problem:  All parking access and ramps are CLOSED due to Covid-19!!!!

I can see lake from my house and it is depressing to see such flat water not being used. 

It is getting into the mid 80's in Las Vegas as well, but Lake Mead is completely shut down. It might be dangerous for my family and I who are huddled in the house to now be huddled together on a boat. 

4 hours ago, kylesullens said:

to answer your question- we live in Sweet Home so we are 5 minute from Foster reservoir, 15 minutes from Green Peter.  if you've never been on GP you should check it out.  best lake in Oregon IMHO.  limited access and no services (no marina or store nearby) but the lake is great. 

Heck yeah we go to the jamboree every year and hit up Green Peter. I love that lake. Its beautiful!  Only down side though is the ramp is terrible. 

We camp at Roberts Bay pretty much every weekend on Prineville Res. Shoot me a PM and we can hook up!!  

Edited by dwc032
1 hour ago, dwc032 said:

Heck yeah we go to the jamboree every year and hit up Green Peter. I love that lake. Its beautiful!  Only down side though is the ramp is terrible. 

We camp at Roberts Bay pretty much every weekend on Prineville Res. Shoot me a PM and we can hook up!!  

If you have ever seen the guy riding his ATV around the Jamboree grounds, thats me.  I am a supervisor of one of the support teams.

If you need a place to camp for Jamboree, we have full RV hookups at our place.  About 4 miles from the Jambo grounds.

5 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Ramps are open but it keeps snowing every couple of days.  I think it'll still be a couple of weeks before we go out for the first time

What old jeep said.  Couple hours north and the dock is refreezing the past couple days.  I think mid-may for teh bu.

Lakes are shutdown here in SC lake Wylie. Sucks because even at the ramps it wouldn't be too hard to keep the social distancing rule in check.

Having said that I've spent many hours on my boat in the storage lot doing led upgrades and other maint. Items.

Here in Al. I have two outstanding boat projects (brackets for fresh air exhaust)

Have been paddle boarding every day, though today in my long sleeve free fly apparel because of a cold front until it'll be 80 degrees on Friday.

Family tries to do dinner on the pontoon boat once a week or so. We had a dead battery one day though.

80 degrees coming Friday and all next week, so the water should be warmer then.

19 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Skied a ton in Jan and Feb.  Have not been on the water since Mar 5.  This month is shaping up to be the first month in over two years I haven't been on the lake.  :(

The weather has been weird in the West. In Vegas, we went a lot in January and February too, but none in March or April and it hasn't been due to the pandemic either.

got corona cabin fever so we took the boat out to the lake last weekend.

air temp in the 60's and water was 51

cold af but cant say no to surfing 

good times

Summerized the boat and dropped the slip into the water.  The first time in the water for the year, I wanted my LSV to sit and come up to operating  temperature.  The temperature went past 160, then quickly to 200 degrees.  I shut it down pronto.  Turns out, I installed my impeller incorrectly and somehow the gasket prevented the impeller from turning freely as it should.  

after this situation was corrected, put the boat slip back in the water, brought it back up to its normal 150-160 degree temps, checked all fluids, then my 10 year old daughter and I, took our boat out on her maiden voyage this year.  57 degrees outside and 65 in the water.  It was a beautiful day to be alive.

Edited by Whitecap

Got out yesterday. Most ramps are open and actually had more boats than I expected. Mostly fishing. The boys wake boarded but I didn't get in the water. It was great just being out.

thumbnail_IMG_0098.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0102.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0095.jpg

Edited by windy1

Ramps are closed due to virus, lake is 39 degrees. Only thing I can get into the lake is my car-topper rowboat.  Its motor is currently torn apart because I was board. Still snows every night in upstate NY, so I'm still in NJ. Besides I would have to preregister with the county Bd. of Health and quarantine for 14 days when I get there.

Boat ramps open now.

Edited by electricjohn

8:45pm wed April 8, no it wasn't almost 90 but water was close 77-79

best early season in years, been at it heavy with 2-4 days a week in my boat or friends G since early february

went Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, snd yesterday and probably today 

our first night-surf was march 27

its been spring here since December, our winter was mid october thru November this year, we have slmost had a few summer days already

61BD14E0-E193-4D38-977A-14967377A013.jpeg

Edited by granddaddy55
On 4/15/2020 at 10:25 AM, bbattiste247 said:

It is getting into the mid 80's in Las Vegas as well, but Lake Mead is completely shut down. It might be dangerous for my family and I who are huddled in the house to now be huddled together on a boat. 

That's sort of how I feel... supposed to be 80 middle of next week, so warm enough for the wife to agree, but is it really a good idea to reduce the amount of space the three of us share?  After 6 weeks of this, I trust many of my crew to come, no one has left the house in weeks!  But going to try and wait it out till the order is over on 5/4 so I'm not "that guy."

14 minutes ago, ajive said:

That's sort of how I feel... supposed to be 80 middle of next week, so warm enough for the wife to agree, but is it really a good idea to reduce the amount of space the three of us share?  After 6 weeks of this, I trust many of my crew to come, no one has left the house in weeks!  But going to try and wait it out till the order is over on 5/4 so I'm not "that guy."

Not to be Debbie downer, but do you really think that your local order is going to be done on 5/4?

Although we rarely have anyone but family in the boat, so this isn't a change for us in terms of our crew.  Just need the weather to get back to at least average for a while.

Edited by oldjeep
7 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Not to be Debbie downer, but do you really think that your local order is going to be done on 5/4?

Although we rarely have anyone but family in the boat, so this isn't a change for us in terms of our crew.  Just need the weather to get back to at least average for a while.

Yeah yeah, holding out hope though.  If WA goes county based my country could definitely go back towards normal at least.  Local officals aren't enforcing anyway, so it's really just up to me and my crew as to if we are safe to be together.  We've all been very compliant, so not sure when everyone will find their comfort zone, but I'll be on the water sometime in May!

Until then, I'll keep holding my work teleconferences from the garage 🚤

Edited by ajive

Mine has been great, dropped 100k in march, drove 600 miles twice, once to pick it up and once to ceramic coat it. The following week covid hit and it has been sitting in storage for 7 weeks while cali has a stay at home order. I tried to go this weekend, going to be 106 at river com but family just wont budge to going anywhere. 

• Sad 3