Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which permanent battery tender???????

Noco Genius is the way to go. I’ve owned one in every boat and they absolutely extend the life of your batteries. Never worry about what “state” they are at, the smart features of it take carE of it all and everytime I use the boat they are topped off. 

Whats the battery setup, cranking and deep cycle, 2 cranking, 2 dual purpose? How to you use the two banks? Id figure what you need spec wise, rather then just settle on a brand.  

Did you guys go with the 8amp 2 bank or the 20amp? The 20amp is out of stock currently... Im wondering if the 8amp version would suffice?

I've got a ProMariner prosport in my boat.  I've got the 8 version, because I just use it as a maintainer in the winter - don't drain the batteries with stereo stuff that requires daily recharges.  But they make a 12 and a 20 for more output.

Edited by oldjeep
22 minutes ago, Jerms said:

Did you guys go with the 8amp 2 bank or the 20amp? The 20amp is out of stock currently... Im wondering if the 8amp version would suffice?

More than enough if you'll be charging overnight or not draining it with lots of sand bar or float music time.

1 minute ago, minnmarker said:

More than enough if you'll be charging overnight or not draining it with lots of sand bar or float music time.

Thanks minnmarker!

Hi there, for the Noco maintainers, did you purchase the AC power plug accessory? If so, where did you locate it to make it easy to access but not ugly or too exposed?

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Tryguy said:

Hi there, for the Noco maintainers, did you purchase the AC power plug accessory? If so, where did you locate it to make it easy to access but not ugly or too exposed?

Thanks 

I mounted mine in the small flip up storage compartment in the way back. It was out of the way and stayed dry.  It just had to unratchet one side of the cover and plug it in. 

11 minutes ago, Tryguy said:

Thanks 

I put the plug receptacle on the front side wall of the port side rear locker.  that way I can just get on the platform, open the locker, plug in my extension cord, slam locker closed, and good to go till next outing.

I had bought one to go with my powersport but when I was trying to figure out where to install it I realized that the closest outlet was the one my garage door opener was plugged into so I just open the spotter seat and plug it into the ceiling when I am cleaning the stuff out of the boat.  In the winter I run the cord through the air vent in the cover near the windshield )up to the ceiling outlet)

Edited by oldjeep